Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times did you see a DNR agent?

I did not see, but heard the Feds were called to the landing at Jack's Creek Friday morning. What I did see was a boat go into the refuge about 1 hour before light. I heard them shoot at ducks and saw a big flock of geese close to their area with 8-9 shots closely following the disappearance of the geese behind the trees. I don't know if they killed anything, but I know they were on the Refuge.

The Feds pulled up to the landing, sat there a few minutes, and left.

How can you catch someone breaking the law if you don't get out of the truck, and don't bring a damn boat???

If you arent living on the edge you are taking up someone else's space. However I am not about to lose my gun, boat, truck, or dog over a bird.

Snake you said the federal man took everything even the fellas dogs. What happens to the dogs once they are taken into federal custody? Are they sold or are they put down?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Got checked by the Fed man on Wed.

Chuck I don't know what will happen to the dog(s). Again This is what I heard from a very reliable source.

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

You gotta be a pretty stupid sumbitch to get filmed putting out corn and not know you are being filmed. Since boats were taken it seems logical that boats were required to get to the baiting site and carry the corn. Therefore, the wardens must have used a boat at some point to either follow the (master)baiters or get to the baiting site in advance of these geniuses. If the latter is the case how did the wardens know where and when the bait was going to be put out? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Are wardens allowed to tap phones, plant listening devices, use scanners for cell frequencies, etc? That would fo sho be some hightech shizzle! [img]graemlins/afro.gif[/img]

Originally posted by FishWhistle:
    Are wardens allowed to ... use scanners for cell frequencies, etc?
    No on the scanners. At least that's my understanding. With so many cell phones being digital these days, it would be hard to do anyway. Digital scanners ARE out there though.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

we got checked once....the warden said he watched our entire hunt from shooting time til 945. i bet that sucked

tradorion Coots

I do not have the answer on scanners--- there is some aspect of a reasonable belief of privacy but with scanners being available to the general public I would be curious on the ruling there... I do know the story of a GW hearing a conversation on a scanner (this was 5+ years ago) and recognizing the voices and place discussed- he got there early and jogged in... bad day for the home team- visitors won that round.

As for these boys not being smart enough to know they were being watched- i will say this... some of you saw us before we saw you ... MANY of you have been SEEN by the man without SEEING the man... we figured from our observations that you were good to go that time and no license checks were needed... we'll check back in later. Or maybe you were bad but not bad enough (say a good roost area, one rubberhead shoots late and bags 3 ducks... however, we know from past experience this area draws many hunters from time to time- sometimes you roll the dice- why eat hamburger tonight when you can have steak this weekend??)

Laying on something from shooting light through 10am- no big thing there… many of the men/women in green have laid on something longer than that or gone back day after day after day waiting for the situation to gel… I am often amazed and awed at the patience/ability to take MISERABLE conditions (read skeeters, sand gnats, heat, cold, rain, mud, LONG walks/crawls, briars etc etc etc) of some of my co-workers in making their case.

A couple of you have asked about confiscated dogs… I have never before seen/heard of the dogs being taken… not able to offer insight there at this time.

T

ps- doing monthly reports SUCKS!!! but i guess it is something most all jobs do in some form or fashion...

Originally posted by tradorion:
    one rubberhead shoots late and bags 3 ducks...
    Hey wait a minute... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always assume that I'm being watched by The Man and The Mrs. It keeps me out of trouble.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

We are always being watched by "The Man".

Passed one DNR officer on the water but never stopped.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Had one GW Come striaght at us Saturday, but when he got about 200 yds. from us he turned away and went up the lake.
    Ten commandments In Cajun 1. God is number one... and das All.
    6. Killin' duck an' fish, das' OK... people No!
    8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.

tradorion Coots

Rubberhead- You DAMN WELL KNOW you are being watched by The Man... after all- you and he keep sharing some of the same sweet spots... i'd say great minds think alike- but i would HATE to lower you to my level!

T

Trad,I have a question for ya....

Would you be "The Singing Warden"?

Talked to a fellow this afternoon who was hunting the delta the other day,said a boat went by about 4 am(running)and the guy was belting out a tune(figured the guy must be a little "off")....later that morning hears the "crooner" coming back their way,next thing they know they're being checked by this "cat". [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    \"BANG BANG...Wish they\'d give me some bullets for this gun!\"....Joey from \"Shane\"

Thanksgiving day I was asked by an officer to give a ride out to bust some jumpshooters because he did not have his boat. That was a neat experience to say the least. He had watched them shoot from a moving boat with no numbers on it. They probably thought I ratted them out, but thats okay. The officer was a nice guy who I have come across many times in the last three years.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

tradorion Coots

Stainum- last year i was relatively infamous for off-tune renditions of "DAY-O... Daylight come and we wanna go home" in the wee hours ... this year i was a little to sleepy to want to sing much... but it is a possibility that a tune did pass my lips...
    [img]graemlins/djsmilie.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party74.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock_band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

It has also been rumored that i have been heard proclaiming at the top of my lungs to nobody but the ducks "hot damn i love my job"- but i make claims to no knowledge of these incidents either.

T

A GW passed by me in his truck on my way out of where I was hunting on opening day. He rolled down his window and I stopped to talk. He was in an unmarked truck and didn't have on his green suit.

This was more GW's than I saw all of last year. I was sort of glad to know that they were out checking.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I saw 2 GWs 1 checked us. The other we passed as he pulled into the landig
    If you listen, you will learn.

DT, sounds looks like both ya'll won that round!
    Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

tradorion Coots

DT- i am curious what denomination... informal survey based on experience- Lutheran and Baptist don't seem to bat an eye when i stroll in sporting green... The Episcopal crowd never seemed to go for it... Methodists have yet to experience it but i may spring it on them one day.

R

To a Baptist, we are just happy to have ya there
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen