Thread: Flyway Foundation Followup

Did any of you guys talk to the lady about the wood ducks? I have a more direct contact with some planned banding this Summer, if interested. I'm trying hard to put you guys to work and give you a new project.

Well?

Tuffy,

I must have missed the original post. What lady? What wood ducks? What project?

I'm lost.

Ditto that. Not sure what you are referencing??
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Tuffy - I talked to Larry at the refuge and he said they are banding every Wed morning during the summer. Do you have a better contact?
    BD

Sorry, guys; I didn't mean to be cryptic. I had talked with 2th (I think; I stay confused) about getting the FF involved with some Wood Duck Banding. A Wood Duck researcher with FWS in Maryland is a friend and was interested in having all of the banding possible done in SC. She also had thoughts of coming down and being involved. I immediately thought of you guys when she asked me if I knew any "organizations that might be interested". To tell you the truth, I had visions of you guys setting up something independent at T-R or some such place.

Anyway, I was just following up to see if any of you had talked with her. In the meantime, I was talking with Larry. He was the other contact that I had in mind. They do a LOT of Wood Duck banding there in the Summer and I had talked to him about having you guys participate. Apparently, you have done the same already. That's cool.

At Santee or independently (probably tougher), it seemed like a chance to help my friend in FWS and give you guys some visibility and something to do...

BTW: Candor... Played with the new CD any? You have the number.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Originally posted by Tuffy:
    BTW: Candor... Played with the new CD any? You have the number.
    I sure hope it's an owl hooting CD! He needs all the help he can get! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm sure glad he can't owl hoot! I have gotten some serious milage out of his lack of ability to do so! Man that was like winning the lottery! Labluvr ain't got shit with his 'Candor falling in the creek' experience. That was good for maybe two ass pickings. The owl hoot, or lack thereof is really paying off! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Tuffy, 2th said he was on it last week. Holler back at him first of the week.

Will do, but he doesn't really need much from me. I was just encouraging the thought. The Refuge bands a lot of Woodies every Summer and that might just be the best and easiest way to participate. Larry down there seems like good people.

Tuffy, I spoke with her at length this morning and it was mutually enlightening on both sides. She was on her way to some meetings and didn't ahve a lot of time, but I learned one interesting tidbit. Although she didn't have numbers for SC woodies, she recalled that approximately 60% of Georgia's woodduck harvest were migratory birds. She is going to forward me more information.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...