Thread: Columbia DU Banquet

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Alright guys, as of the meeting last night we have got to get a lot more people coming to the banquet this Thursday or else some people are going to walk away with far too good of deals on a ton of merchandise, guns, hunts, you name it. Against previous judgement, we will be selling tickets at the door.

A few highlights...
    Southern Way Catering---Jimmy Stevenson is the best in town, it will be shrimp creole and chicken fingers for dinner plus many extras

Open bar, liquor, beer and wine 'til your hearts content

Artwork, merchandise, raffle tables, silent and oral auction

6 Gun Raffle---some lucky SOB is going home with 6 guns won off one raffle ticket. Only 100 tickets being sold.

Arkansas duck hunt, several quail hunts, Argentina duck and dove hunt (guys this is the best deal you will ever see on an Argentina hunt)

This has always been the event not to miss in Columbia, it will be again this year and with your additional support it will be bigger than anything we've done in recent years.

Thursday, November 4, at 6:00PM at the Ellison Building State Fair Grounds. Tickets available at the door or PM me or 2thDoc for tickets or information. $50/single $90/couple

MC, I'll be there thanks to 2th hooking me up with a last minute sponsorship. Looking foward to it. I hope to get there early enough to get in on the 6 gun raffle [img]graemlins/2guns.gif[/img]
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"

Originally posted by MC:
    Alright guys, as of the meeting last night we have got to get a lot more people coming to the banquet this Thursday or else some people are going to walk away with far too good of deals on a ton of merchandise, guns, hunts, you name it.
    Bwaaaaaa - I would like to see that...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

now, sasha, why would you have to go spout off something like that....

MC is saying (truthfully) that some of these hunts are DONATED, and therefore will NOT have a reserve. they will go home with someone at an incredible deal.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

KC glad to have you sponsor and looking forward to seeing you Thursday, we have 6 gun tickets for sale now if you want to get in early or get there as soon as you can Thursday and look up one of the raffle girls and they'll hook you up.

Who is going tonight?

I am!!!

I'll be there.

we'll just have to see who shows
    Good to talk, see you out there!

a good time was had by all. thanks to those guys that came and drank our liquor, bought our raffle tickets, and ate Jimmy's wonderful cooking!

KCshadow, JohnnyReb, BSD...MC... me....DUCKMAN...who else??

I had a great time, despite going 0-fer on the raffle and that damned Hi-Lo game. Oh well, the Old Forrester and Coke's helped ease the pain [img]graemlins/drink.gif[/img] Glad I finally got to meet some of you and 2th, despite what I've been lead to believe on the forum, you're really not that big of an A-Hole See you at the next Cola DU event.
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"

Had a helluva time 2th and MC! Good food, good liquor, good prizes, good lookin women, all for a great cause!

This is not meant to bash anyone,but I was disappointed.This was the first time in several that I had been to the Columbia banquet.We had a good time and the food was okay.Just wasn't what I had expected.I had quit donating to DU a couple of years ago,but had resently had a change of heart.We went last night and bought a couples ticket.After we had arrived I decided that I should at least upgrade to a sponsorship.I tried to talk to a fellow about upgrading and he acted as though I was an inconvience!This kind of attitude was why I quit donating in the first place!I still spent several hundred dollars but it will more than likely be the last.I'm not tring to down DU or anybody else for that matter.I guess I just expected alittle more.

2th, do ya'll hire women to come in and sell tickets for you? We do up at the North Strand Chapter, they're called Huntin Buddies. They are out of Atlanta, and I'm here to tell you, they can flat ass out sell some tix. Best looking girls you ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Originally posted by Panther:
    This is not meant to bash anyone,but I was disappointed.This was the first time in several that I had been to the Columbia banquet.We had a good time and the food was okay.Just wasn't what I had expected.I had quit donating to DU a couple of years ago,but had resently had a change of heart.We went last night and bought a couples ticket.After we had arrived I decided that I should at least upgrade to a sponsorship.I tried to talk to a fellow about upgrading and he acted as though I was an inconvience!This kind of attitude was why I quit donating in the first place!I still spent several hundred dollars but it will more than likely be the last.I'm not tring to down DU or anybody else for that matter.I guess I just expected alittle more.
    sorry you feel that way, Panther. Its tough in a volunteer-driven organization to get the personal attention you might want. I can overlook that, because I know its for the ducks. It doesnt bother me. If you want to upgrade to a sponsor and not have to do it at the last minute at the door, why not send the check in the mail? Seems like it would save you some time and, apparently, a whole lot of heartache.