Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: baiting

Nab, I'm sorry but what you have or don't have a problem with is a non issue. Your opinion just doesn't matter...

Good gooberly gook... who wasn't in church last Sunday Nab? The rest of the St. Matthews Knitting Society needs to know...

Damn JABIII, you done gone and hurt my feelings now. You also might be surprised as to how many don't give a rat's ass about you either - I should have written down all the unflattering things I heard people mention about you - I'd have a best seller!
    All I'm asking now is this - first, I don't care if you like me or not and I'm sure the feeling mutual - all I want to know is if we still gonna try and do some good this coming year - you do remember what we talked about don't you?
    Check your pm's if you need a reminder of what I'm talking about. In other words, call a truce to help the ducks and the duck hunter.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Swamp Rat is dead on! I know for a fact that's why they were baiting 2 Rivers that year!! I also know that we made up money for the Pintail Project that year. And a hen pintail was trapped at 2 Rivers and outfitted with a transmitter.

Nab,
    Your obvious envy is starting to get really tiresome. You sound like a liberal Democrat Bush Basher. Everything that you think is wrong is Jab's fault! And you know as well as I do that you'd give both your nuts to have 2 Rivers or a place like it. Envy to that degree in a man your age is not at all healthy and borders on neurotic! In your mind I bet Jab caused Hugo, Katrina, 9-11, the high price of gas, the reason SC doesn't have ducks like it used to, ad infinitum... Not to mention the obvious fact that the ducks using 2 Rivers are really your ducks! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Give it a rest man! Find something real to bitch about!

As for writing a book about someone, I could write volumes of unflattering crap said about you just by surfing around the net on a few duck forums. As Trapper alluded to, you're starting to sound like a whiny gossipy old lady.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I'm with DT, lube em up and let em at it
    well, I hate JAB, because he never hunts two rivers unless its raining.(Ive had your number for a while focker )
    Anyway, I think we need to drop all the playa hatin and try to do some good for the ducks.
    Nab, i love ya bud, but Johnny has done his part since the fall of the refuge. Just think "would there even be a migratory bird on the Santee watershed if he hadn't done so?"
    And DT is right, i'm pretty sure there is way more food for them now, then when they dumped corn at the refuge, with all the flooded corn that surrounds the lake.
    The refuge fell, bottom line. and two rivers picked up the slack. i don't care if he has a hen whorehouse up there for the restless greenheads or if he is dumping corn by tractor trailers, he keeps ducks around the watershed and its not his responsibility to make sure public hunters have ducks in the swamp.
    furthermore, if anything can be done around the refuge i will be glad to help, but i think you need to talk to the state about some sort of local funding since the Gov. could give 2 shits.
    And JAB, i know that its sounds like i'm fond of you, But no homo, i will not sleep with you:mo42:
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Y'all are too much. [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]

It's a group effort at Two Rivers but you will be hard pressed to find a group more dedicated to keeping the migratory mallard returning to our state. Let's just hope that mother nature and the state and feds will pitch in and give us a hand...

Why some feel the need to "protect" JABIII from me is funny - I've said many times the reason we still have some ducks is because of their place - I think the FF is a great thing - haven't been able to give it much time but I have given some money because I think it's a great start to change.
    Now that being said, I don't have to like him or him like me or the way we both do somethings.
    DT - they have been doing alot more on the refuge the past 5 yrs or so - not just planting - but burnings, cleaning/dikes, etc - 5 yrs ago about 2k birds were on the refuge - last yr the unoffical count was over 18k - a far cry from the "old days" but a steady and big increase - % wise - has been taking place over the last 5 yrs or so - that could have just as much to do with you seeing more ducks as the snow cover, who really knows.
    I have my ideas and feelings about things and how does the old saying go - I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not.
    Get the refuge going, get rid of the wanna be tamie pond hunters, keep the impoundments that are in the right place and are run by people that have been doing it right for a long time - yes, that would be the Wateree crowd,- let Mother Nature have a chance and we will see some improvement.

What bullcrap Nubster. If people didn't keep calling you on it, you would still be bleating that we stole all your ducks and 2Rivers has done nothing but hurt duck hunting which you have said on here and on SDH so many times it became a running joke. At least stick to your guns. Crawfishing does not become you...

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Crawfishing does not become you...
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!! [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

I ain't heard that term in years!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Bro you sound plumb country!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

MM and JABIII - I have always said the Wateree boys have done good on their place - now the wanna be's building the tamie ponds are hurting everybody - don't beleive me , it won't bother me.
    DT - I have seen the numbers from the refuge from the last 5-6 yrs and while 18k ain't 100k it's better than the 2k from 5 yrs ago and the numbers have been increasing some each yr.
    For those that are Delta members there is a great article in the new magazine about how duck hunters/duck people will not work together - they spend way to much time bitching among themselves - this site and others are a great example of just what it speaks of. All we do is fuss at eachother because somebody doesn't agree with their buddy - this goes way above us fussing on here - when the refuges finally loose all of thier money, the new Farm Bill screws us all we still be on here praising JABIII and saying how stupid having a working refuge is - among other things - most everybody will still have a 60 day season, 6 duck limit, any new kind of mechanical contraption available, but not any ducks to hunt - anywhere.

ok children, why is it that every time this isue comes up yall start aguring about who has the bigger dick. The last 100 times yall argued about this it didnt do any good and i bet the next 100 times wont either. Why dont yall just try to discuss this like gentlemen and see how you can do to improve things. You bith have good ideas so if you try to put them togeather and work something out the two of you could do great things.

Okay, I gotta ask, what is "crawfishing"?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

"Crawfishing" as a verb =backpeddling; going against what one has agreed to... (like how crawfish move after they strike)

"crawfish" as a verb = unwitting, self inflicted harm... (how a crawfish might pull it's own claw off by mistake in a fight)

not sure if either are officially in the lexicon.

well said DT.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'll call this coming week and see if I can get some numbers faxed over to me from the refuge.
    As far as baiting the refuge, you seem to be the only one talking about doing that anymore - I've said many times in the past 2 yrs that growing and managing the refuge would be great - I have backed off the supplementing completely - you're the one that seems to like to keep bringing it up to keep people thinking that's all I want to do - you're already becoming a politicion.
    You are correct on thing - nothing will ever get done here in SC or the nation because nobobdy can decide on anything.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

There are several good post and some not so good.

I find it very interesting that this thread was about baiting yet the 8th reply written by NAB to this thread was a personal attack on JAB and DuckTape (who was just elected to the SC House of Representatives - Yes, the ducks will have one vote that will always be in their best interest!)

WHY?

Both have forgot more about ducks than most will ever know - Both have done more for ducks than 99.9% have done. They continue to - walk - talk - eat - sleep and help DUCKS! Yet neither can make a post without a personal attack by NAB. They both have managed waterfowl impoundments and they take extreme care of the waterfowl that are fortunate to go to those impoundments. So what if they choose to bait and not hunt them - what pray tell is wrong with that? It is 100% legal and is fantastic for the ducks. They manage water - food - pressure and they have ducks. They provide a quality environment for waterfowl at a huge expense of money, time and sacrifice of viable agricultural land and crops. Both had a major part in the creation and success of the Flyway Foundation - an org that is 100% about improving migratory waterfowl in SC. It is a disgrace to say a negative word about either waterfowler.

Why does NAB not attack the owner of a 140 acre impoundment north of Two Rivers but south of US Rt. 378 that has baited for 3 years now and has not fired a shot? It is less than 5 minutes from Two Rivers and The Swamp! It has had several thousand birds the last 3 years.

Why does NAB not attack the 280 acre impoundment just north of US 378. They have held thousands of birds over bait for several years now. The SCDNR even has a banding operation there every year. They bait and do not shoot.

Why would JAB, Ducktape or anyone else for that matter help a Refuge that does NOT have a plan or a clue how to return it to what it once was when, in reality, it can not happen and will not happen with the amount of quality habitat that is now available around the Santee system including the Wateree and the Congaree Basins.

There are countless managed impoundments that are not "tammie central" that provide quality habitat and have quality wild waterfowl that only hunt once or twice a year or not at all! I am part of one in Calhoun County that we hunted twice last year and we winter 1,000s of ducks of all species and this is repeated throughout the state.

We need to thank all of the waterfowl managers that manage for migratory waterfowl in SC for they stepped up to the plate when the Refuge System failed the ducks.......now some choose to punish those for the great job they did for the wild waterfowl in SC.

It makes no sense! They have made their contributions and continue to do so in huge ways!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Amen Ned! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

That says it all!!

Duck Tape,
    It sure sounds like you're already leaning towards private interests and don't think that public projects are worth the effort, after all, they are declining and not worthy of the resources it would take to save them. We have already heard that song from the standing members of the organizations we have entrusted with the stewardship of public lands. By listening only to the voice of private concerns no matter how much expertise you think they have and arguing unfounded facts with taxpaying citizens you are betraying the trust the public has given you. The wims of policical favor are fickle as I'm sure you know, and the public has a long memory. Like it or not you are now a public figure and can't make the same sort of statements a private citizen can without consequences. One vote still has a lot of power and you can be voted out just like you were voted in. You will be held accountable for what you say and do. Please use your vote wisely and keep us little folks in mind when you do.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize:
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.

You could not be more wrong about Phillip Lowe and what he wants for the state of South Carolina's waterfowlers. Phillip has personally funded a planting of the Federal Refuge. Phillip Lowe has personally tried to lead the creation of new a new WMA system in the Santee area. Phillip Lowe has been the President of the Flyway Foundation working to bring migratory mallards back to this state. Phillip Lowe has personally tried to bring about meaningful change to duck hunting regulations on PUBLIC WATER so that they can compete with private property for YEARS only to see every effort CRUSHED by fucking idiots willing to give up NOTHING to help the sport.

Slick, what the HELL have YOU done?