Ready To Go on the Truck

Transporting Hen Houses

Storing the Hen Houses
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

...and here are 3 pics that Luv2Hunt took:

Me cutting wire

Gundogguru and DB5 finishing cuts

Finished tubes waiting to be stored
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

i know simple man already posted some numbers but i think i'll throw some out. my impression of numbers was as follows. When we were done the final count in the storage building was 364, at that point we ran out of room. but we still kept making houses. it was an addiction, duck tape wouldnt stop, he's a machine, the whole time DM #1 was sitting in the corner drinking a glass of lemonade giving instructions and talking about how many ducks he killed last year. but newayz, there were 364 in the storage house and i counted 73 under the shed, so my figures were at 437
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

It was 102 degrees when I left.

Do you think we could wait til it warms up before the next work day?

Who's in charge of scheduling anyway?

one more:

Awesome job boys, a big hand to everyone [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    More fuel = more boost!!

Thanks to everyone for the great turnout! Going in we thought that we would be happy to build 250 units for the day. We ended up just shy of 500! The support of both the members of the Flyway Foundation as well as many of you here at SCDUCKS was just overwhelming. We cannot thank everyone enough for taking the time to give back something to our sport. We all hear a bunch of talk on these forums about every little thing that is wrong with duck hunting. Yesterday you people showed us exactly what is RIGHT about duck hunting. We picked the worst work day imaginable, and the duck hunters of South Carolina responded by driving from every corner of this state, as well as 2 others, and building roughly TWICE the number of Hen Houses that we had expected to complete. Thanks again to everyone who participated in this important project...

I'd like to say I had a great but time, but why lie?????? The damn heat was awful!! Who picked the date? TOOFPRiCK???????

Anyhoo, it was really a great day! Thanks to Two Rivers, the Flyway board, the cooks, but most of all to the great TEAM that showed up. You guys kicked ass!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

It was hot and dirty, just glad I worked with a team good enough to pick up my slack. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whip2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I had a great time and the food was good as well.

KRT, Glad to see your OK. All that work was a lot for you. Don't worry the soreness will go away and you'll be back on your feet in no time.
    80-20 Genaration

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

What does yesterday's production bring the overall total of Hen Houses built by the FF up to?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Around 900

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

So if only 2 hatchlings survive each Hen House we've just produced 1800 more wild mallards!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Extrapolate that for a few years with annual compounding and mortality and the effects are well worthwhile.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

With a 20% occupancy rate and 90% nesting success, I would put that figure at 1620 the first year or so.

When occupancy gets to 50% or higher(which we anticipate) then we are talking 3600 baby ducks every year.

It was great working with everyone yesterday. I for one had an awesome time helping the ducks and meeting all ya'll. The heat was prominent, however the good company and great food (not to mention the cold beers) made it worth it. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

I am glad everything went great yesterday, and I just wanted to thank everyone that made this event possible. I know it was hot, but ol' Duckman #1 helped make the day go by faster by telling me some hunting adventures while rolling cages, and all I know is he is one Hog-ring-plier-stappling mofo.

Oh, I want to thank KRT for being my best buddy.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

How many houses could conceivably be utilized some day....atleast in the target region?

Thanks again to everyone who organized it and let us help out.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

God help y'all if I ever kill a duck that was banded in our focus area! I'll be banned for not shutting the hell up.

I'd like to find out...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....