Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CWP Traffic Stop Question

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    During a traffic stop you are incident to arrest. That's why you are given a summons for breaking the law to appear in court or pay your fine. It's the alternative to taking you to jail...which obviously isn't customary for a minor traffic infraction.
    I assure you that during a normal traffic stop you are not subject to a "search incident to arrest," as that phrase is used in Supreme Court caselaw. And that story from USMC is example A why cops are generally held in such low regard. All the LEOs on here who try to justify their actions because "we just want to get home to our families" are not helping their cause.

I get a sense of 'above the law" and "just comply" from the LEOs on here. (Exclude SR, he seems damn professional). Honestly, you guys wouldn't get pissed off when a citizen excercises his civil liberties? You question cops, they get pissed. How dare you mentality. Again I ask you folks on another thread. When martial law comes down, who are you siding with? The people or tyranical government(your employer)?

I don't for one minute believe that LEOs will quit their jobs for other people's freedom.