Thread: Grounded between the North & South santee river

Default Grounded between the North & South santee river

I was wondering if any one on here knew who it was.I was fighting the fog in the IC came upon a white center console grounded way up on a mud flat around 4:30 am sat .My guess is he was hauling ass and went straight where it took the bend.I asked if everyon was alright he said yea.Later in the morning tide was still not in he was waiting it out. He had 3 young boys with him.Also saw one more grounded out in the south santee on the way in sat night.How do you not know the tide is going out???? We ended up killing 14 teal greens and blues and the 14 year old with us shot his 1st pintail...Had a good season

Quote Originally Posted by 1overthelimit View Post
    How do you not know the tide is going out???? We ended up killing 14 teal greens and blues and the 14 year old with us shot his 1st pintail...Had a good season
    Simple. Completely ignore what's happening around you.

Way to go on the teal.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-30-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nice hunt!

He who says he has never been aground is either a liar, or spends little time in the marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    He who says he has never been aground is either a liar, or spends little time in the marsh.
    Ha. My boat motors have eaten more oysters that I have...and I love oysters.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Oh I have been stranded on a flat for what seemed like days waiting for the tide to turn. And this was on a body of water I travel often but was in the 18 ft War Eagle with the 90not the same route needed as when I have the Pro-Drive.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Got stranded on Castle Pinkney for 10 hours once wiht my dad when I was little. Fortunately we had a cooler, some food, and it was late summer so the water was warm. I wound up waterlogged, tired, sunburned, and cut up from running all over the place without much clothing on. I had a blast!

We ran up on a mudflat last spring while redfishing in the hewes. That guywould only wiggle themud for 4 hours. Found out it was an astronomical tide when I got home. At least we caught a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR View Post
    Some people approach life as victims, they're called democrats.