Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SCWA BUST?

Someone just told me that some were also charged for having over the limit, apparently.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Someone just told me that some were also charged for having over the limit, apparently.
    Can you be over the limit if you pay your $35/a head?

Word on the street down this side of the lakes is OTL and harassment.....no confirmations as of yet but are working on it...

I'm printing bumper stickers........."Shut Rimini Down"
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    Unless it's a preserve, you are restricted to limits.
    There are judges in SC that don't see it that way.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'll take a dozen Bog!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

That's why they issue pink slips these days. Federal judges see things differently than local magistrates.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.

I hope the federals file the charges. If it is locals it will get pushed under the rug. To bad they did not get charged for using live decoys.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Plant it they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I have been extremely intrigued since JAB's post so here is what I was able to find out from a local who is usually in the know when it comes to anything "duck related" in the area.
    Apparently quite a few "Hunters" were charged for Rallying COOTS and TAMIES. Apparently a scwa "guide" was running a mudboat through a particular pond Rallying "ducks" and Coots for the folks to shoot...How Sporty! Feds busted them all along with a few of these "sportsmen" for No Plug, as well.
    Can't say for certain this is the whole story, but this is what I was told by a pretty reliable source who also got a good laugh out of the whole thing.
    Just talked to a boy who shoots there. This is confirmed, from what he says.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by marlin035 View Post
    Word on the street down this side of the lakes is OTL and harassment.....no confirmations as of yet but are working on it...
    Scratch the above statement....no confirmation of anything. Rumor mill is running rampant....

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    That's why they issue pink slips these days. Federal judges see things differently than local magistrates.

This guy gets it!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

as long as you have your receipt. (and you are connected to a senator)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I'm printing bumper stickers........."Shut Rimini Down"
    I'll take 6, one for each car and both boats!
    For the ducks

And to believe this place has chapters and raises money to support themselves. Tell me what they're good for, and let one more person try to justify Camp Woodie.

let one more person try to justify Camp Woodie.
    "It's for the kids, bo".
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It's a damn shame.

nothing will come of it... 20 years of running openly outside the law doesn't happen without complicity at multiple levels.

It is unfortunate that this occurred at the end of the season, and not the beginning. At the end of the season, they want to kill the tamies. Beginning, they hold off the released birds and shoot migrators.

With video evidence, a solid case could be made on hunting over live decoys.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton