Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Great Morning

And fish. Ill call you a douche bag all day long on scducks, but still expect a smile when I shake your hand on Feb 4th. Bwahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Pharm. You need not further explain. I can easily see myself and 99% of the members of this website in your shoes. You did no wrong. You did your due diligence to find the cripples. Congrats again on a good hunt.
    Wrong, cripples count toward your limit.

We brought 11 birds back on our draw hunt, could have eaisly shot another duck and had 12, but we crippled one that we could not find.

A guy was roasted on here a few weeks ago for shooting 2 mergansers but a SCducks regular shoots over with pintails and blacks and everyone gives him an atta boy......Hypocrites

Pharm - what did you tell DNR when they ask what you shot and crippled?

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post

We brought 11 birds back on our draw hunt, could have eaisly shot another duck and had 12, but we crippled one that we could not find.

A guy was roasted on here a few weeks ago for shooting 2 mergansers but a SCducks regular shoots over with pintails and blacks and everyone gives him an atta boy......Hypocrites

Not much you can argue with what I said huh?

No, cripples DO NOT count towards your limit. What you have in your hand counts towards your limit.
    Some sportsman will count a lost cripple to their bag.
    I am not that kind of sportsman. If I ring its neck, its counted. If it evades getting neck wrung, I shoot another.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I've been on multiple draw hunts where limits were killed by groups, and they admitted to having cripples. I've never seen a ticket written for that.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

I saw a chupacabra this weekend.

I got no truck with replacing a bird that flew away, with a dead one.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeah.... shoot all you want, just pick-up the 6 you like best when you're done...

:shakingmyhead:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yeah.... shoot all you want, just pick-up the 6 you like best when you're done...

:shakingmyhead:
    Sounds good in theory, johnny green jeans was there, and the shit ain't illegal till ya get caught doing it.

Buncha damn wimin.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I got no truck with replacing a bird that flew away, with a dead one.
    You shoot one in the ass, a few feathers go flying, but the bird keeps on trucking, then ok.

The bird gets dropped. Gets retrieved and thrown in the boat, then flys away. Yea, maybe he just had a panic attack and passed out for a few. Doubt he died later that day.

& what about the other duck?
    Last edited by Murray; 01-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Sounds good in theory, johnny green jeans was there, and the shit ain't illegal till ya get caught doing it.

Buncha damn wimin.
    Neither is cheating on ya wife...That don't make it any less wrong

You shoot one in the ass, a few feathers go flying, but the bird keeps on trucking, then ok.

The bird gets dropped. Gets retrieved and thrown in the boat, then flys away. Yea, maybe he just had a panic attack and passed out for a few. Doubt he died later that day.

& what about the other duck?
    thats just it, where is the line between "knocking a few feathers out" and "crippling"

For me...it's when they fall out of the sky...If i see it fall, then it's crippled...But to each his own....

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Neither is cheating on ya wife...That don't make it any less wrong
    If they were in the wrong, they will get whats coming to them, and you know it. God works in mysterious ways.

Other than that, speculating, and passing judgement on a fellar and his hunting ethics off a website, is like a buncha cackling hens at the lunch table.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    thats just it, where is the line between "knocking a few feathers out" and "crippling"
    when it hits the ground

Legalities and ethics are two different things.

Some folks shoot released birds and think they are "putting back".

Some folks view shooting released birds as incestuous.

Cripples heal to live and breed again. Cripples never fully recover and remain in SC. Cripples die. Dead birds picked up by hawks go back into the "system". Do you count it towards your limit?

Do you shoot another man's limit that cant shoot? Do you replace a cripple with a dead one? One is illegal, and the other isnt...one is done quite a bit more often than the other.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BTW, defining ethical is about as tenuous as describing "it".

Cripple birds counting is a personal thing, not a legal thing. They killed what they killed, crippled what they crippled and they told DNR about all of them. Did they tote a note? No, because what they did was NOT illegal so what is all the bickering about?

So, let's say you cripple one & it flies down 200 hundred yards to another hunter & he drops it. Do you still count it?? Do you go tell them it is yours since you crippled it & it's part of your limit?