Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Great Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tot separated a drake shoveler's head from it's body. It was awesome watching the head violently helicopter down while the body just sorta floated gracefully to the water with blood spilling out the neck
    Oohhh.. Talk dirtry to me old sailor..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tot separated a drake shoveler's head from it's body. It was awesome watching the head violently helicopter down while the body just sorta floated gracefully to the water with blood spilling out the neck
    Now that is a season maker!!!!!!! Woot!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Damn straight. Sounds like a good time.

Good Shooting! no place i'd rather be then right there.

lil bit of lead shot would stop that.
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Ill take that all day long.. good work!

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    No, but we do have a few for the scrapbook and a story we can laugh about for a long time at least. Yesterday it just made us sick! I can assure you that nothing like that will ever happen again. It was the stupidest thing that has ever happened to me afield. The look on my buddy's face was priceless as I'm sure mine was when that duck hopped up and out of the boat and flew off. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Bwahahahaha Now that is funny stuff.

Congrats on a fine hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

How many hens did you stomp?

Funny. But here's a question - and seriously, I'm not trying to start shit with you.

I'm counting 12 ducks laid out on that boat. If there were two of you, you're sitting on 14 birds if you count the lost black and the pintail. Remember, lost birds count towards your limit.

If there were three of you hunting, please accept my apology in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    funny. But here's a question - and seriously, i'm not trying to start shit with you.

I'm counting 12 ducks laid out on that boat. If there were two of you, you're sitting on 14 birds if you count the lost black and the pintail. Remember, lost birds count towards your limit.

If there were three of you hunting, please accept my apology in advance.

i knew there would be atleast one douche in the crowd to bring that up.

So you noticed it too.

Then I have to ask, who exactly is the douche in this case? The guy who would let something like that slide or the guy who won't?

If you're the kind of guy to trade up (stomp one bird into the mud for a more "desirable" bird) or continue shooting ducks to make up for lost birds, you ain't much of a sportsman. But hey, maybe you need the birds to feed your family.

Hell, I'm not even sure how many guys were doing the shooting yet. Maybe you should hold on to your bullshit until the guy has a chance to clarify.

Then again, you did throw in that little smiley....so what do I know.
    Last edited by Fish; 01-27-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Hell, I'm glad Tater made it home safe.

Fish.... Im glad you noticed my smiley.
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 01-27-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Hell, I'm glad Tater made it home safe.
    That I did......I think them sorry MF's in Orangeburg sold me some bad gas.

FWIW, Tot and myself killed 12 birds with zero cripples

FISH, I take no offense to your post at all, nor does it require an apology. If I was in the wrong then I'll own up to that, and you will have educated me. Two birds were crippled and not recovered.

I have not nor will I ever stomp anything into the mud to pick out something more desireable. If that was the case there would not have been 3 Hen Spoonies and a Hen Gadwall in the picture. I'd have shot 4 of the other 20 drakes that decoyed, as I wanted a well plumed out Shoveler for the wall. The hens were shot first thing, and I wish we would have been patient enough to wait til later in the morning and positively ID ALL Drakes, which we did after the first three spoonies were all hens. Except for the Gadwall I shot.

I did not intentionally do anything unsportsmanlike. It was a great morning and if we should not have shot two more birds because two cripples escaped then that was a mistake...which the DNR techs didn't bother say anything about.

If you would have found that black, would you have went back to the station with 2 mottleds and a black between the two of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If you would have found that black, would you have went back to the station with 2 mottleds and a black between the two of you?
    I would never have shot the mottled that I did after searching for the duck which was evading me for over an hour. He was still living. I am well aware of the 1 Black OR 1 Mottled duck limit.

My comment about being a sportsman was directed at DDS. But we're good like that.

Insofar as the other, so long as you'll own your bullshit, you'll get no more static outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I would never have shot the mottled that I did after searching for the duck which was evading me for over an hour. He was still living. I am well aware of the 1 Black OR 1 Mottled duck limit.
    The way I see it, the two of you shot 14 ducks 3 of which were black/mottled....

He owned up to his mistake, Duke. Get off your high and mighty horse.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Pharm. You need not further explain. I can easily see myself and 99% of the members of this website in your shoes. You did no wrong. You did your due diligence to find the cripples. Congrats again on a good hunt.