Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Great Morning

Default 1/25 Great Morning

Been waiting on this day for a while, but I wasn't sure with the 72 degree forecast and zero clouds in the sky yesterday morning how it was going to turn out. Still was very optimistic that it would be a good hunt and it turned out to be great.
    Lost a beautiful Black that I spent an hour looking for and had our 4th Sprig literally escape after being picked up. My buddy is still sick about that, but we had a great morning nonetheless and a lesson was learned there. Just made the bag look a little incomplete, but anyhow...
    Ended up with 3 Pintails, 2 Mottled, 1 Gadwall, 6 Shovelers.
    Got to meet a couple of fellow SCDUCKERS as well. All in all a great morning to wind the season down.

Beautiful place, pure heaven.

Congrats on a fantastic hunt. Sorry about your escapees.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good shooting.Nice job!!!

Nice

Well done old friend.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Nice work!

Hell yeah!

I have had a mallard crawl out the strap and fall off the tree trying to escape, so i feel your pain - bang dat head!

I've almost hit that 2nd oak on the right 3 or 4 times coming outta there late in the afternoon haha
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

5 shoveler, 4 ruddy, 2 green wing, 1 ringneck. Pintail were too early to shoot.

Great hunt.

Dream bag for me. Ive always wanted a nice Sprig and Gadwall for the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Tater, get your own damn thread! ;-)

Seriously, it was nice meeting you and Tot. Glad you guys had a good hunt too and he got you back home in one piece driving. Maybe we'll see ya back there in about 3 years.

You didn't post the picture of the 4th pintail.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You didn't post the picture of the 4th pintail.....
    No, but we do have a few for the scrapbook and a story we can laugh about for a long time at least. Yesterday it just made us sick! I can assure you that nothing like that will ever happen again. It was the stupidest thing that has ever happened to me afield. The look on my buddy's face was priceless as I'm sure mine was when that duck hopped up and out of the boat and flew off. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Bwahahahahhahaha... Shut the front door..

How many hens did you stomp?

Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Bwahahahahhahaha... Shut the front door..

How many hens did you stomp?

Dude had a fucking picture of the bird on his fone and it flew off, the wagon was rolling when that story was told

Very nice fellas!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Tot separated a drake shoveler's head from it's body. It was awesome watching the head violently helicopter down while the body just sorta floated gracefully to the water with blood spilling out the neck

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    P, with my CP we didn't have to worry about bringing back the extra ducks. Just didn't take pictures of them of course.

As for the lost Pintail...I thought my buddy finished him off, but when he tossed him in the bottom of the boat he sorta stood up and sat there. I said man you better kill that duck. "nah man he's not going anywhere and is about to die, couldn't possibly get out of that boat". Next thing I knew that little bastard hopped on the bench seat and out of the boat. I went toward him, and he flew off like he wasn't even hurt. It was mind boggling to say the least. My buddy managed to grab his gun and get a shot off to no avail. I believe that he is still flying.
    RK might kill him as I believe he was headed straight to Fl as fast as he could go. Never got real high, but he wasn't going down again. First thing I've seen come back to life. As I consider myself a somewhat seasoned hunter, I felt like a complete raTard. It was my buddy's duck but it made me just as sick. I wouldn't have believed the story if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Wasn't going to tell the whole story but there ya go.
    Some stories you can keep......but THAT one has to get told

It was good to meet you guys. I know one for sure, spoonies are dumb.