Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets break this down.....

here we go!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Hey you guys, am I cool?
    You were until you said "hey you guys".

I have this book...it is called "Western Waterfowler"
    Bunch of short stories of bird hunting written by various authors bewteen 1890 and 1950.
    Compiled by Worth Mathewson. All the common gripes, skybusting, wanton waste, shooting wrong species etc are prevalent in these stories, so its not a gen x thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack Wacker View Post
    I'm 43 and have 29 years exp. Does that count?

Probably to some folks,.......son.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwCZiZLZsQ[/ame]
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    There used to be a lot of older aged members here who constantly debated topics and shared a wealth of information.

They left and the High Flyers, Xhailers, Highrollers, and various variations of slayer01143's are playing king of the hill.

DUCKMAN? Tuffy? are y'all still out there?
    I learned a lot from reading their post. I had just started duck hunting. They left in what 08'?
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    QUACK WACKER---- Just because some of us were born after 1975 makes us dumb mother fu$%ers? Some "young folks" do have a little common sense and are not total dumb shits when it comes to hunting you SOB. I hope you have kids and they end up dumb as shit so everybody can call them dumb mother fu&*ers just like you are calling the "new generation." With your attitude toward young folks, no wonder we have the amount of rubberheads that we do!

Now he's cool!

I have to agree ^. Just becuase one is young does not make them a "dumb mother fucker" the dmf are the ones rolling around looking like fools. I have had the pleasure to hunt with fellas a little bit older than myself who were fourtionate enough to be born to public land duck slaying fathers. I have also hunted with people who could be my grandfather that are complete idiots and just do it because they can afford to "shoot" a duck.

Granted alot of the young generation whips around a new Z71 with a Mud rig and jumps birds and shoots anything they see flying 200 yards out, dosent mean all are that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

There used to be a lot of older aged members here who constantly debated topics and shared a wealth of information.

They left and the High Flyers, Xhailers, Highrollers, and various variations of slayer01143's are playing king of the hill.

My point exactly! The new SCDUCKS- I'm the best duck hunter, why, because I said so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoa whoa whoa whoa........

It's all dependant upon how many stickers they have on their truck
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

ummmmmmm

for example the Black Duck vs. Mottled ........

You've got one life. Blaze on!

I shoot mergansers sometimes, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood. I could give a fuck less if any of you agree with it. I'm 32 years old and I've been duck hunting hard since I was 15. I still get the same feeling everytime I fold a duck up as I did back then. Quit being dicks.

I'm 28 and don't know shit. Learn something new every time out...

I shoot mergansers sometimes, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood. I could give a fuck less if any of you agree with it. I'm 32 years old and I've been duck hunting hard since I was 15. I still get the same feeling everytime I fold a duck up as I did back then. Quit being dicks.
    Well..nothing wrong with shooting mergs, never said that.

Arent you the one who claimed Gander put an ebay band on a duck cause it was folded wrong and shiny?

I replied, cant even post cool shit on here anymore cause someone will pick it apart and hijack a thread?
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Maybe you need to specify on WTF you are talking about and explaining to me when I say I am the best at anything??? I by far do not believe that at all and nor do I try to say I am. If I come across like that I do apologize but I would like for you to show me an example of when I seem like I'm "king of the hill"??

Hahaha..

Good post sprig
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

here we go with the age thing again. Good lord it hits a damn nerve for me. Because the majority of young guys are stupid as all get out doesn't mean we all are. I hunt the right way. I may not kill the most ducks, the biggest variety of ducks, or whatever the hell else you want to "grade" me on but I am proud that I don't skyblast. I don't set up 80 yards from a guy. I don't barely call, most of the time I don't at all. I DO however like to work birds with my simple jerk string and shoot em with their wings cupped and feet over my decoys, when I do shoot em. This generation this pisses me off like nothing else.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

My first duck hunt was on a private pond. My dad and I spotted 2 mergansers flying to it and he said let's go shoot ducks. Didn't know what they were at the time, but it was a hoot! Many years passed until I really started hunting with a life long friend. We have been getting up early for several years now chasing ducks. To say we are pro's would be a huge lie. To say that we enjoy each others company and the sight of nature waking up on saturday mornings would be spot on! Most would be disappointed with our taking of birds, but we greatly enjoy the commeradery and occasional laugh at the stupid things each of us do each week. I agree with the post, but tv and iternet have led to what is here today! my .02 carry on

Quote Originally Posted by highrollers4x4 View Post
    Maybe you need to specify on WTF you are talking about and explaining to me when I say I am the best at anything??? I by far do not believe that at all and nor do I try to say I am. If I come across like that I do apologize but I would like for you to show me an example of when I seem like I'm "king of the hill"??
    Relax man, he wasn't calling you out directly. Your name is just one of those rubberheaded names that are easy to recall. No personal attack, you just got caught in some crossfire because of a poor name choice. See, its all good.