Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicks High Flyer vs. Patternmaster

Default Kicks High Flyer vs. Patternmaster

Just want to hear ya'lls opinions on the High Flyer vs the Patternmaster chokes. I just want some pro's and cons of each, not a flame fest about using factory mod (thats what i use now) or me being a skybusting rubberhead...

I have a kicks steel full in my nova that ive had since 2003. its a hell of a choke in my opinion. ive had a patternmaster in the same gun before and didnt care for it too much. both have good mid range patterns. the patternmaster just didnt seem to have a consistant pattern with a variety of different shells. the kicks is very consistant with everything from buckshot, bird shot and steel. i dont know what both are priced at now. i paid $40 for the kicks from macks prairie wings in stuttgart but paid $80 for the patternmaster, and gave it away to a buddy. but just like with everything thats man made, they are all different in some way. you may love the patternmaster. just depends on your preference and what you are shooting.

Check out Pure Gold chokes to. I have a Kicks full but love my Pure Gold.

ive shot a HF XFULL since 06, #3-4's in 1 3/8 oz makes the most dense pattern ive ever saw. *very few crippled birds
    Last edited by scswamprat; 12-18-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

kicks. i shoot buckshot and steel threw my high flyer and it dont miss a beat.
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

neither,
    save your money and buy a briley,carlson, or tru lock. way better chokes then kicks or patternmaster.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Default Kinda what i thought...

getting some of both as favorites...keep them coming. and this is a hypothetical situation right now of even buying one of these chokes. just kinda testing the water...i may try to borrow one and test it out this coming week and decide then. thanks for all the help so far!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan413 View Post
    getting some of both as favorites...keep them coming. and this is a hypothetical situation right now of even buying one of these chokes. just kinda testing the water...i may try to borrow one and test it out this coming week and decide then. thanks for all the help so far!
    last time i was looking for a turkey choke i called carlsons, told them what i was looking for. They sent me 3 chokes, charged me for one, told me to test all three, keep the one that worked the best for me and send the other two back. All three patterned really well so two of my buddies ended up keeping the other two and I ended up paying them the difference.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Default Wow

That is some impressive customer service! Not much of that going on anymore. Ill check them out too simply because I will support a company that backs their stuff up on that level....

Blindside holds better patterns out of the Kicks and Black Clouds like the Patternmasters.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've got two carlsons, a pattern master and now using a briley. Briley is the best I've had. I'm shooting kents 3 inch #3 now. I've tried just about everything out there except the last years new shells. Light modified in the briley. Mod in the others
    Go Tigers!!!

Default Propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I've got two carlsons, a pattern master and now using a briley. Briley is the best I've had. I'm shooting kents 3 inch #3 now. I've tried just about everything out there except the last years new shells. Light modified in the briley. Mod in the others
    Funny you say that. I sold a Silver w/ a Briley and the first thing the guy did was swap it for a Pure Gold. That ported choke Kool Aid is strong!

I have the Patternmaster Code Black and the Kick High Flyer. The Code Black is "duck" and the High Flyer is a Modified. Both do very well. I have noticed that there is a little less recoil with the Kicks but the Patternmaster puts a few more pellets in the circle with duck loads. It's kind of funny but with 3 1/2" BB goose loads it's the opposite. I shoot a Browning Silver by the way.
    HRCH Werts's Rusty Explorer "Drake" MH

I have a Kick's HF, improved cylinder in my SBE. I never take it out.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

The only kicks choke my Beretta likes is the Gobblin Thunder.... The it loves a Pure Gold choke though....

Default Should've said this earlier...

but this will be shot out an 870, so if you have any experience with a particular choke working well or even not working well, lets hear it as well. thanks for the prior input from y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan413 View Post
    but this will be shot out an 870, so if you have any experience with a particular choke working well or even not working well, lets hear it as well. thanks for the prior input from y'all.
    My 870 has a Briley waterfowl choke that loves Kent #2s.

Of the two; Kicks. I have a Kicks mod in 870 and a Patternmaster for my 10ga. The pattern of the Kicks is a little more uniform. I have a Briley imp. cyl. and timber for the 870 too. Like em both. Don't use the mod much cause Hevi-shot #6s are too tight for me with a modified.
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Default Im leaning towards kicks

now because of the number of people who say they are just as good or better, and them being half the price...i just am not to wild about paying $90 for a choke in a gun i picked up for 250. Thanks Willy and Murraywader for your help .

Just use what came with the gun.