Thread: I need assistance

Default I need assistance

I'm joining the air force, I weigh a whopping 130lbs standing at 5'10. Recruiter wants me to gain 5lbs what can I do? I also eat unhealthy and all that needs to change. Thanks fella's.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

whole milk, alot of bread
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Lots and lots of proteins. Steaks, milk, MILKSHAKES, ice cream. When I coached offensive line, I had my players eating 5-6 peanut butter/banana/jelly sandwiches a day. If you are working out, it will turn to muscle. Good luck.
    Bah! Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Lots and lots of proteins. Steaks, milk, MILKSHAKES, ice cream. When I coached offensive line, I had my players eating 5-6 peanut butter/banana/jelly sandwiches a day. If you are working out, it will turn to muscle. Good luck.

X1000000000000
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

You are going to need to put on the weight because you are going to lose 10-15lbs at basic training alone. Even if you go in December, you are going to shed pounds. I went on a deployment once where I weighed myelf before getting on the plane and was 231lbs. 7 months later came back and was 172lbs. Get the right job, and your weight will be all over the chart.

Best of luck.

If you are going to work out you will need to gain the right kind of weight. I am sure others can give you better advice than I but drink plenty of water. When you first start exercising the water weight will drop quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Bread is a bad idea. So is sugar, unless its natural sugar from fruits.

PB&J's don't turn into muscle. The side effect of eating that shit is hyperinsulinemea. REALLY good muscle growth is ONLY between 3 and 4 pounds per year. There is no quick way to add muscle. It takes a lot of hard work and plenty of protien to make that happen.

If what you want is simply to put on weight, I'd recommend supplementing what you're already eating with protein shakes. Using 12 ounces of whole milk, add one avacado, a handfull of berries, half a bannana, and twenty grams of protien twice a day. Don't substitute this for what you're already eating. You'll get your five pounds in a week.

Two PB&Js right before bed.

Eat two pounds of bananas. It worked for my grandaddy when he joined up back in the 30's. He didn't weigh enough, had hitch hiked to Charleston (Ft. Moultrie) with only .32 in his pocket at 17 years old.

They (Army) told him to go buy two pounds of bananas which were five cents a pound if I remember him telling it right.

Sure enough it worked.

There are two times you need to make weight before Basic. Your initial trip to MEPS to get your physical and the return trip to MEPS on the day you ship out. Make them and your good to go. I second the milk diet. I work with a guy who was drinking a gallon a day to put on weight. Swares by that diet.

I gained almost 20 pounds in basic. You will eating everything there, shit your never cared for.
    Last edited by Civil-Cock; 12-15-2011 at 01:58 PM.