Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

The good managed places are down to 3 - 5 days a year and they have the ducks!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

I agree w/ duckbud, cut out the evening shooting and give the ducks time to rest on public water,

where is there such thing as a 3-5 day season?
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Allow planting in public lakes rivers and swamps, then all you public hunters need to come off the cash and get your ass to low falls and plant about 10k lbs of jap millet.

Like DM said, you gotta be willing to manage the waterfowl if you anticipate their return.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Open Bear Island and all the surrounding private imoundments to public hunting. The birds are here gentlemen. In my opinion its not so much the spinners, the days, the evening hunting, or the limits. Its the fact, at least with coastal and river hunting, that we can not reasonably compete on public land with the conditions present in private impoundments and such. Talk about probably 60-80% of your birds in 5% of the area. Them boys get the first shot on em early and they rise to the heavens and head for safer grounds. Also, make it illeagal to fish in any lake, river, or any intercoastal waterway until after lunch time during waterfowl season. I know this post provides no actual help or solution to our problems I just almost feel like its a losing battle. Something else that kills us is development. I'm saying not every time but most of the time a duck will fly around Walmart before it flies over it...
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Here's a REAL idea that will work.

All ya'll stop hunting ducks and leave 'em all to me! Let me know what you want and I'll bring 'em by your house on my way home.

You've got one life. Blaze on!

so it seems at this point all we muster is banning spinners, that'll do as long as every state hammering the juveniles does the same.

yep banning spinners in this state is just about like banning that annoying guy you hear highballin over and over at ****** turkeys from highballin ****** turkeys.

by the way im that guy that highballs ****** turkeys.

I'm for banning the spinners - and for it to really help they need to be banned everywhere also - but let's start here in SC - funny thing is though alot of people that want to ban them - knowing just us doing it won't help much are the some of the same saying us having less days and lower limit won't help unless others do it too - but we need to start somewhere and why shouldn't it be started in SC - banning spinners along shortened seasons and lower limits.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

how about no battery, or wind powered
    devices/ decoys nationwide, and canada? pffft.

Originally posted by Nab:
    banning spinners along shortened seasons and lower limits.
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Nab,
    I hear a lot of support for banning spinners. I hear little support for shorter seasons and no support for lowering limits.

I'm getting an uneasy feeling that our collective opinion is not going to be represented to the DNR.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

i say lower the hunting days, not limits and limit hunting hours. give the birds time to rest and settle in. maybe have more splits so birds can move into the area and find some food. They dont stay on public land because they are harrassed from before sunrise till after dark.
    BIG HAT, NO CATTLE.

maybe lowering total bag limit would help with the number of ducks killed on private ponds. i know of a certain pond close to lake murray that really needs to be controlled better. they have all the ducks and they also kill all the ducks. thats where the majority of ducks are, its not like we're all limiting out when we go hunting anyway. it would help the public hunter, and hurt the private pond owner more than anyone else.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Rubberhead - I was just applying the same reasoning to the season length/bag limits that is being applied to the spinners - my personal opinion is to ban the spinners and shorten the season and lower the limits - again, my personal opinions which I will express along with the comments from this thread - and anybody is welcome to come support these ideas or anymore they might have.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

id rather see the limit go to 3 or 4 ducks and have the season all 60 daze.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I agree with banning spinners, I also agree with some restrictions on limits etc.

But....

The way I see it none of this is going to do any good until all the States that get their birds from the same flights and the same nesting areas get together and all set the same restrictions. In other words all the States up and down the true flyway or flight path from the nesting grounds. And every State that shares these birds.

To just limit these restrictions to SC is like buying 50 acres of land surrounded by WMA Lands and trying to manage it for trophy bucks! You're pissing in the wind!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Merg, that statement is the best I have heard yet!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mergie Master gets it. Clearly Nab doesn't.
    Well I was too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't leave me alone.

60 days.

5 ducks, to include no more than: </font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">One black OR mottled duck</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Three mallards, of which no more than one can be a hen.</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Two wood ducks</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Two bluebills (lesser or greater scaup)</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Two redheads</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">One pintail (no special season)</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">One canvasback (no special season)</font>
    • <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">One hooded merganser</font>
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">
    Ban spinning wing decoys (motorized or not).
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen