Thread: opening morning duck season

Default opening morning duck season

Looks like something down on santee!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as5_nChwZqM[/ame]
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

no freakin way i would get in some dumb shit like that

Arkie land.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Bayou Meto like Wing Nut said.
    Last edited by SNAP Hunter; 12-01-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Oh my god. That one boat is getting swamped

problem isnt the boats at the race its all the spotlights blinding you.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

The day I have to get in something like that to kill a duck ill quit duck hunting forever!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

That makes me sick to my stomach.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Yeah... The hell with that... I'm with squatty, if I ever have to do that I'm done.

I can't believe nobody died!

looks like the blast off at a bowfishing tournament i shot one time out of cypress gardens on the cooper...

you wouldnt believe the waves 15 big heavy ass bowfishing boats can make in a little creek like that...

I think I know the time you speak of Dixie.

To each their own. Not I.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Been There done that more than once! Need to be in the front! No fun if you aren't up front!

Quote Originally Posted by SNAP Hunter View Post
    Bayou Meto like Wing Nut said.
    Maybe so... but doesnt look like the landing I have been too... dont see the dikes or trees that line the canals leaving the landing.

and besides, the guys arent even wearing camo.
    Last edited by 803; 12-01-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

I would go the other way. Ain't no ducks where they going!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

It is easy to say that you would never do it, but it is actually fun. It has gotten FAR more dangerous since they outlawed guiding. I used to hunt there a ton and also ran holes for a guide when I could. We all had respect for each other and usually had an agreement where each was going. The guides had 30-35 horse motors with 25 covers, so thre wasn't any point in getting in front of them. It got very dangerous when some yahoo got in line first and got in the front. He would get passed but it was hairy. I saw the third boat in line, Anthony Jones the black kid that blows for rich n tone, try to use a gps while running wide open. He took the 90 degree right to cut to brushy, hit that tree in the middle and turned sideways. I missed him, and the 5th 6th and 7th boats piled up on top of his boat. Scary for sure. The real fun happens when you race in the woods up the blue line. Just for fun of course. As much as people say F that, including me. There is nothing in the world like that place when it's right.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    It is easy to say that you would never do it, but it is actually fun. It has gotten FAR more dangerous since they outlawed guiding. I used to hunt there a ton and also ran holes for a guide when I could. We all had respect for each other and usually had an agreement where each was going. The guides had 30-35 horse motors with 25 covers, so thre wasn't any point in getting in front of them. It got very dangerous when some yahoo got in line first and got in the front. He would get passed but it was hairy. I saw the third boat in line, Anthony Jones the black kid that blows for rich n tone, try to use a gps while running wide open. He took the 90 degree right to cut to brushy, hit that tree in the middle and turned sideways. I missed him, and the 5th 6th and 7th boats piled up on top of his boat. Scary for sure. The real fun happens when you race in the woods up the blue line. Just for fun of course. As much as people say F that, including me. There is nothing in the world like that place when it's right.
    Except when the water level is like it has been for the last two years.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

looks like a shotgun start in a SKA tourney