Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCORE

Anymore pictures??

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    Well if you want it to make the books that velvet is going to have to come off.

Well, not necessarily. Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young do not allow velvet bucks to be scored I don't think. I don't know cause I have never killed one big enough for it to matter anyway. Safari club will score it with velvet with a 3 or 5 % reduction from the gross score. If you download the Buckscore program you can get a decent estimate.

The SCI score will be close to the others even with the velvet deduction because SCI (and I think Buckmasters) does not deduct for difference in sides. You can go to the given scoring system website and find a local official scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Well, not necessarily. Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young do not allow velvet bucks to be scored I don't think. I don't know cause I have never killed one big enough for it to matter anyway. Safari club will score it with velvet with a 3 or 5 % reduction from the gross score. If you download the Buckscore program you can get a decent estimate.

The SCI score will be close to the others even with the velvet deduction because SCI (and I think Buckmasters) does not deduct for difference in sides. You can go to the given scoring system website and find a local official scorer.

I meant for the South Carolina books.

Have to wait 60 days or it's not official......and NO velvet
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.

You kill that deer out of the pen at a chemical plant?......

think SC uses B&C. Start peeling that velvet which sucks, as we are one of a few states that has that opportunity.

Jim Westerhold is an instructor at G'town Horry Tech in G'town. He is a P&Y official scorer. No contact info. He was DNR LEO before G'town Tech.

Call the school and I bet you get him. Or, look at P&Y web, sort by state and there is a list of scorers in SC.
    Last edited by feedncall; 10-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Don't worry about the cape. One from a doe will work when it is time to mount it.

Congrats, awesome animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

already did a euro mount

That one scores an A+ in my book

Something fishy here......