Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Excel vs Xpress

We must be talking about different runs. This pipeline is the first one up river from I-20. The run from just below 20 and a little up can be fun.

No, we're talking about the same run.

I was thinking pipeline as in gas pipeline... You're talking about the drainage pipe between the blowout and the steel pile right?

You're right... that blow out's a white knuckle deal when the water's down. There aren't any big rocks right through there other than the big ones right under I-20.

There's plenty of places to get in trouble on that river if you don't know it well. And guess what?.... I don't know it that well.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Tall deck.
    No I mean this thing...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Oh, sorry. I knew that.

No, I don't have the hunt deck on mine. Mine's a 2008. Last run of boats to come out of the old plant before the tornado.

I do like that set up though. Excel is just like any other boat company. They get better and better at what they do all of the time.

I do have to say that my boat is built like a brick shit-house. It's been bounced off of more rocks, stumps, and trees than you can shake a stick at and other than a few chips of paint and scratches, it's still the same boat I bought two years ago.

Excel=tough as nails.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

HS, you and I are on the same page. That strecth is not fun. I've been up and down it plenty and I don't think there is an "easy way." If there is, I ain't found it yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

If you see a blonde hair fella with what looks to be a very large brim hat on leave him alone. He will be out there wading, and he probably hasn't caught shit.

I had a fella tell me the other day he hit a log on our side of the run, right near our beat up boat ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If you see a blonde hair fella with what looks to be a very large brim hat on leave him alone. He will be out there wading, and he probably hasn't caught shit.

I had a fella tell me the other day he hit a log on our side of the run, right near our beat up boat ramp.
    So that's your place. Coming up river on the right? Right after the "ditch"?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

HS, it may have been you who gave us a tow to the hill one day. Do you recall a Thanksgiving morning about 5 or so years ago, and a fellow duck hunter stranded with a broke water pump?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Naw, it wasn't me. I'm never in a boat on Thanksgiving, but I am right close to the edge of the river every year.

My hammer could do it though. It'll..

My hammer is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I forgot all about Excel boats. I like the looks of that Excel Viper Stalker 1960 Center Console. I can see that thing being a nice rig with a 115 Merc Opti on the back and a 70lb thrust Minn Kota on the bow. Throw on a Humminbird 958 combo on the console and a 788 on the bow and swap out the speedometer for a water pressure gauge and you've got a sweet little hunting/fishing combo that should get up and move pretty well even with my pirogues laid down the side, three guys, and six or seven dozen decoys. It would be at home on the Cooper River, Santee Cooper Lakes, the ICW, and even the Mississippi River while running down to Venice for a cast and blast trip.

Now who wants to loan me the money to get this boat in my driveway?

I'd be scared to see the price tag on it!!
    hey brand to the site i just bought a 1860 excel stalker here the direct link to my album .. http://scducks.com/forum/album.php?albumid=555
    Fish everyday and figure a way to play all day and get paid!

Nice...id need to bring way to much burlap to cover all the white up! Ha, but for real thats a nice rig.

Quote Originally Posted by pd1tty View Post
    hey brand to the site i just bought a 1860 excel stalker here the direct link to my album .. http://scducks.com/forum/album.php?albumid=555

Nice rims on the Yukon! Should get matching ones for the boat trailer.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"