Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9-24

Default 9-24

Fished up to the north dodging rain all day, ended up 8-12 on sails and some junk.

Nice boat

People actually keep enough flags to fly when they catch 8 sails on their boat? Do you have 40 dolphin flags?
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

It is a pretty boat

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Good job, nice boat.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    People actually keep enough flags to fly when they catch 8 sails on their boat? Do you have 40 dolphin flags?
    Wondering the same thing.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

We actually target billfish, and we ran out of flags before so the owner went out and got like 20 flags after that.

Is there any reason for flying flags besides bragging rights?

'Bout the same reason people take pictures of deer/ducks/whatever and put 'em on the internet I'd figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    'Bout the same reason people take pictures of deer/ducks/whatever and put 'em on the internet I'd figure.
    Yeah but those are pictures of actual dead things, these are just pieces of nylon. Anyone could fly as many as they wanted? I just don't get it.

Now, 8 dead sailfish laying on the dock would have said something!

Capt I feel like you have something against the offshore guys.

We do fly those flags as bragging, and I wouldn't want to see 8 sails laying dead on a dock. I'd rather see flags flying showing release than dead sails. Congrats on the great day man!
    For the ducks

nice boat carry on
    and congrats
    Last edited by Towman; 09-25-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Hell yeah it is bragging.

Brag away dude.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

No, nothing against y'all at all. I love fishing blue water and catching 8 sails in a day is awesome and something to be proud of. Just never knew much about the flag stuff!

I was just messing around with the 8 sails on the dock comment.

I hope so!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

still should have brought one in for smoking.

Good day and sweet ride!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I commend you on the release of the sails. and fly the flags to show you did catch them. thats a true sportsman, proud of his catch and left them for future kids to also enjoy. I fish this past weekend in the surf at topsail and released all the fish I caught because I didn't need them for the table. congrats on your catch capt