Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poult counts down again

i have yet to see one too. I did find where something had gotten hold of a turkey though. Maybe yotes or a bobcat? There are about 3-4 trail cams and there hasnt been any pics of them either. I dont know why.

A worker found two mauled yearlings at the beginning of the season. There is only ONE thing that i s capable of doing something like that!

The times i have heard the yotes really close has always been right at dark. It does make me feel a little more comfortable having a pistol on my side when i get out the stand. I generally have to walk a "good" ways back to the truck. I still wouldnt want to come across a pack of 10+ yotes at night, with a small LED light, and a pistol that only holds 10 shots.

Have you ever had a problem with the yotes harassing you? I think i remember something about yotes "harassing" a few hunters on here...i cant remember if it was someone just BS'n or something serious.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Never had em harass me, but I did have a fun walk back to the truck on evening when they got fired up like a pack of beagles and I had a long walk w/ no light. Are you right across the river from me?
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i dont know where black oak is located on the river. If you are familiar with google earth, mark your club and send it to nicelyi1@citadel.edu
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

never heard of yotes messing with a human, I have always considered them very skiddish animals.

They will not bother you. You can have just a couple in a pack and they can sound like more than there a couple. I have heard them on several different ocassions. Yes there are to many of them, and there will be alot more to follow. Ya'll need to start trapping them and selling them to Fox pen owners. You can make good money, but it can be a second job!!

Originally posted by romeocadet08:
    i dont know where black oak is located on the river.
    Black Oak hunting club is across the river (in the vicinity) of Oak Land hunting club.

Romeo, Black oak is on the river side of the old river road coming from greeleyville to Randolph's landing. have to go across the county line into clarendon couty.

Art, you hunt with Black oak? if so i'm only a few miles from you. in williamsburg county though.