Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: arrow choice.

Uncool here, but in Australia a different story. It isnt a horse it is a brumby.

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37470
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I shoot a somewhat similar setup. Bowtech allegiance. 70lbs. 30.5" draw. Smooth mods. 29.5" gold tip expedition/ xt hunters 8.9gpi @410g total weight. Shooting low 300's. Wreaks havoc on deer and hogs. Step up to a 340/350 spine, 9-10 gr arrow and screw on a slick trick.

Then go do this. Repeat.
    Last edited by dfasano; 08-31-2011 at 09:34 PM.

27" 60 lbs and 125 grain rage......he was WAY undergunned for a hors...um I mean a brumby.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Dfanso are you slinging the ST standards or mags.....I cant get over the holes they leave
    Last edited by quack head 11; 08-31-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Dfanso are you slinging the ST standards or mags.....I cant get over the holes they leave
    Mags.

They inflict the same damage. Some people find standards fly better for them. Mags hit where I aim. No need to alter it.

Arrow choice is a toss up. They're all good. I've shot gold tip pro hunters, xt hunters, and expedition hunters as well as carbon express maximas and maximas hunters with good results.

I have friends that shoot and like beman ics/ ics hunters and swear by them.

I'm currently shooting gold tip expedition hunters because I can get shafts for $50 something a dozen and fletch them myself. I'll be hunting in an area with lots of hogs and am not slinging $120/dozen arrows at their nasty ass

The expedition hunters shoot just as good as the pro hunters for me, at half the cost. Fyi.

The 7595 will give you the spine you need.
    Last edited by dfasano; 08-31-2011 at 09:52 PM.