Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: big cats in s.c.

I have seen a black Jaguar about 10 years ago just outside of walterboro and saw another about 2 years later near Green Pond cross the hwy in front of me on a clear day at 9am at less than 50 yards. So, Although I am convinsed that they exist I am also convinced that they are on hugh tracts of land and there is a very small number of them or someone would have gotten them on a trail cam by now. I also 2 picktures of a black yote that I would almost swar is a large wolf instead of a yote. If I see him in daylight we will find out, same goes for a cougar and then we will prove it to DNR and everyone else.

Originally posted by Aricks:
    It's probably been ten years or more. Me and a buddy were hunting, headed down the road where it went from pines to dropping off in the swamp. Something caught our eyes on the hill where it was dropping off. I sped up and all we saw was the tail go thru the briars. It was grey and 2-3 feet long. Don't know what it was but we did not hunt that area that day.
    That was called a fox
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

That's funny Johnny.:flipa:If it was a kitty cat it was one big bastard.I don't know if it was a lost "pet" or what but it was quite a bit bigger thatn the tan one we saw.Find someone who has spent much time around the prison farm and ask them about the the "kitty cats"that like to roam around the place.

have also seen a big black yote, but he was out of shotgun range and it was turk season.

the black coyotes are hybrid coyote/dog. I have killed 4 and seen probably 10 killed. They aren't full coyote.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I think 95% of this is the product of overactive imaginations. Think about it...how many of you who think you saw a black panther would've thought it was actually a black panther if you had never heard of all the legends about it? I'm not saying they don't exist b/c I've heard many people say they've seen them, icluding my grandfather. However, if so many people have actually seen the real thing I don't think their existance would be so debateable. I've hunted deer and turkey all over this state for 20+ years and never seen the first sign of a "big cat" other than a really big bobcat. I'll believe it when I see it or when someone has a legit photo.
    \"Liberalism is a mental disorder.\" -Michael Savage<br /><br />\

Way too big to be a fox. I can show you all the fox pics you want to see.
    31-28, 12-0, 3-2, 4-2!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you about people jumping on the band wagon, but they do exist,however they aren't black.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

That Pantera sure could fool me at 50 yds. Guarantee you it would look black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i agree with catdaddy...river otters look exactly like cats when they are standing on land....its kind of scary to see one from a far off distance until you realize what it is.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I've seen them twice, once in Greenwood county one crossed the road in front of me as I was walking to the truck just about dark. Long tail that swept down toward the ground then curved up at the tip, the tail looked as long as the body. The anmal seemed in the bad light to be dark brown. It stopped in the middle of the road looked my way (25 yd) and then dove or more like slid into the swamp on the far side.

The other was in broad daylight many years later in a standing corn field in Laurens county. I was hoping to shoot a few dove and was sitting on a dove stool, just me and my lab. I heard the corn rustling and a small doe popped out in my row less than 20 yds away. She was breathing hard, tongue out, head down, and had slashes on her hips (the sie I could see) that were bleeding. My first thought was she's been hit by a car, but the nearest major road was a long ways away. Then her head popped up and she took off, less than a couple of second later a big dark brown cat with a long tail and it's ears pinned back came into the row, it kinda squatted for a second like it was gonna jump or something, then it took off in the direction of the doe.

I heard the doe coming and going, I never heard the cat...it was as silent as death.

You can call me crazy or whatever, but I know what I saw. And when I saw the first one I'd never heard the tales of big cats in SC.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

River otters don't chase does in cornfields.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I can guarantee you that the feline I saw was no otter, giant housecat, donkey, bear or any of that other bullshlt. The dog ran it for over 30 minutes and it never went to water. It hit the road less than 100 yards from me, stopped, looked at the next stander and jumped across into the dog fennels on the other side of the road. All of this happened in broad daylight and I hadn't started burning trees or drinking yet, that day. The dog came out 15 or 20 seconds behind it. They both crossed the road in the same spot and I know exactly how big the dog was so there is no chance of mistaken size/appearance. Anyone that sees that it's verified they live in every state surrounding us but doesn't think they are here (because some possum cops and their hippie biologist partners say so)has a bad case of shlt for brains.

BTW, I'm looking for a place to hunt ducks, is Murray still loaded?
    I have a dream

I've seen a few big river otters in my time and they are no where as big as a "big cat".

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

You people just don't listen.......

You do NOT WANT them here!

It will change everything and how we do it!

Please drop it before somebody comes up with something that draws an UNWANTED interest!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

I don't doubt for one minute that some of y'all know in your minds that you saw a panther. Whether or not it actually was a panther in reality is what I question. Somebody show some proof and I'll believe it...until then, put it in the X file.
    \"Liberalism is a mental disorder.\" -Michael Savage<br /><br />\

Originally posted by DUCKMAN:
    You people just don't listen.......

You do NOT WANT them here!

It will change everything and how we do it!

Please drop it before somebody comes up with something that draws an UNWANTED interest!
    So should we shoot them along with the dogs???
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!