Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I shot a panther!

Default I shot a panther!

Newnan man sentenced for killing endangered panther

By Bill Rankin

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Newnan man on Wednesday was fined $2,000 and sentenced to two years probation and ordered to not hunt during that time for killing an endangered Florida panther while hunting.

David Adams, 60, was on a deer hunting trip in Troup County in November 2008 when he shot and killed a cougar, known as a Florida panther, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said. Adams knew at the time he was shooting at a cougar, for which there was no open hunting season in Georgia. The Florida panther (puma concolor coryi) has been listed as an endangered species since March 11, 1967.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission have long worked to bring the Florida panther back from the edge of extinction. The population has been growing since its low point of less than 30 panthers in the wild in the late 1980s, to more than 100 to 160 adults today.

“Today’s sentencing affirms our commitment to investigate violations of the federal wildlife laws intended to protect our Nation’s most imperiled species,” said Luis J. Santiago, acting special agent in charge of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's southeast region law enforcement office.
    Adams was sentenced by a federal judge in Atlanta who also ordered Adams to not obtain a hunting license anywhere in the United States while
    he is on probation.

SSS
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    SSS
    This
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Anyone that shoots an endangered species should face max penalties.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There's a couple of 0s missing from that fine. A legal cougar tag in some states costs that much.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

SSS
    What does that mean?

shoot
    shovel
    shut up
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Thank goodness he didn't kill the elusive Carolina cat, which is solid black.

the innerweb killed that cat, he couldn't bear the ridicule if he couldn't back up his story with pics.

I really hope to see the eastern cougar in the wild before I'm laid to rest.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That cat was killed within 8 miles of the house. Shame an idiot hunting corps property had to kill him. He clearly ID'd the cat because it walked with 20 yards of his stand. Dummy should have lost his licenses for good and paid a heavier fine for sure!

shoot
    shovel
    shut up
    Shoot
    Skin
    Sandwhich bags
    Shovel
    Shmaxidermist
    Sex on Panther Rug
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

LOL @ PBiz..

Yall just thought SC had the market cornered on Rubbahaids. GA will give you a run for the trophy.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Might be some killed here BOG come 09/01/2011. Stay Tuned!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Pbiz: Bwhahahahahahaha!
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What does that mean?
    I was thinking "Sorry Sack of Shit"
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

It's just a Cat.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Yeah and a bald eagle is just a bird!
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Yall just thought SC had the market cornered on Rubbahaids. GA will give you a run for the trophy.
    No joke...I will second that statement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission have long worked to bring the Florida panther back from the edge of extinction. The population has been growing since its low point of less than 30 panthers in the wild in the late 1980s, to more than 100 to 160 adults today.
    Either that current population number is wrong or I'm lucky as hell cause I saw two panthers in Florida while I was down there. Saw one on a jobsite before it was cleared in Naples and I saw one cross B-line Hwy out near Pratt & Whitney. And when I tell you they were panthers, I mean they sure as shit were panthers. There's no mistaking those things.