Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasik eye surgery...

Default Lasik eye surgery...

I think this got kicked around on here a few years ago. I want some fresh information.

I wear contacts. As a matter of fact I wear my contacts too much. So much so that as I type I am nursing my 2nd hypoxic ulcer on my cornea because I don't ever take my contacts out. So for the last few days I have been wearing my glasses and I fuckin' hate wearing glasses.

Couple that with the fact that I am apparantly a slow learner (2nd time remember and I don't want another of these painful damn things) and lasik is one the horizon in the near future.

So tell me some tales. Cost per eye. Regrets. Pro tips. questions to ask. etc.

I am done with corrective lenses, contact or otherwise. I do know that I may need reading glasses after but I can't read anyway so that isn't a problem.

I just signed up for the 2nd time yesterday to get it done. I too had an "eye" issue last week that made me pull contacts for most the week.

I have never met anyone that regretted the decision..we get it done free, so lots of folks have had it done that i know of.

I know 4 my age, and they have mixed reviews...they were all like me..cant see worth a shit at a distance, but good up close.
    When they had their eyes done, their long range is perfect, but now they are carrying reading glasses for up close work. Currently, if i have my glasses on, i just take them off, or contacts in, just stretch my arms out....

Not sure of best..I got called up 2 years ago and made an excuse not to get it done...now, with my name on the list again..i'd bet I'll make another excuse in 3 months when they call me again.....

basically, i do believe I'm just to chickenshit to have my eyes cut on
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I'd have to be sedated.....and even then you would have to lie to me about why I was being sedated. Touch my eye and we're fighting, plain and simple.

For some reason all I can think about is Warren from Something About Mary going from zero to swinging when someone touched his ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'd have to be sedated.....and even then you would have to lie to me about why I was being sedated. Touch my eye and we're fighting, plain and simple.

I won't even watch someone else put in eye drops, much less contacts....

Caught a piece of welding slag in my eye one time on the boat. I got the MF out, but the doc wanted to rub some shit on my eyeball so he could shine some fancy damn light in my eye to see if it was scratched......he didn't rub no shit on my eyeball so he could shine some fancy damn light in my eye to see if it was scratched. I kept telling him the damn was scratched, but noooooooooo.....he had to get 2 TM's to pin me to the wall so he could pry my eye open and rub that shit on it. What he didn't bank on was me mule kicking his ass in the chest when he moved in for the kill. HA!

Doc sailed across his little office and the TM's were laughing to hard to continue holding my ass down so I got way. Sumbitch never tried to touch my eye again

Big baby

I felt this thing coming on Tuesday. I numbed, stained and examined my own eye. Little green dot confirmed the ulcer. Started drops that night.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

I agree, but don't touch my damn eye

Jax was playing with a friend in the sand pile the masons had dumped when they were building the house next door. Little did I know they had dumped a bunch of un used mortar mix in there. They were digging tunnels for race cars and some of that shit flipped up into Jax's eye. You want to talk about a fight! Trying to hold down a 5 year old and pry his eye open at the same time to wash out mortar mix while all 4 limbs are flailing and he's screaming like he's being gutted is a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I agree, but don't touch my damn eye
    Deal

southern pines..neal griffin..about 3800 dollars i believe. i can see mites on ducks 20x15. the best thing ive ever done. I do have some problems with dryness, but it is much better than dealing with contacts

Jax gets it.....

I hate my damn contacts, not as much as glasses though! I have never had an issue with them though as I take them out everynight when I get home from work or am done for the afternoon. one day when i make $$ like a vet I'll be getting my eyes fixed. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to wake up and not reach for glasses or have to fight eye bugers and contacts, esp when the pollen has the air stained yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    I hate my damn contacts, not as much as glasses though! I have never had an issue with them though as I take them out everynight when I get home from work or am done for the afternoon. one day when i make $$ like a vet I'll be getting my eyes fixed. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to wake up and not reach for glasses or have to fight eye bugers and contacts, esp when the pollen has the air stained yellow...
    Just get you a couple of jugs of burnt motor oil and a sack of yella onions. It ain't hard man.

I had it done almost 10 years ago and it was money well spent. I went from losing a golf ball in flight just beyond the tee box to watching it land. I wear reading glasses now but that's a function of age.

Pro-tip: Make sure you use someone that's not remotely close to retirement. My agreement was if I needed a tune-up it would only cost me $150. Doc opted for early partial retirement and sold the LASIK portion of his practice. New company will not honor the contract.
    Last edited by boondoggle; 07-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Gettin Old is good. Get used to it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've been wanting to do this for a while... I make my living looking through a microscope, so the idea of the doc having a bad day and messing me up is unsavory. I do, however, like my current eye doc (Holland Croswell of Columbia Eye Clinic) and they would probably be the ones I would go to.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

my dad had it done at emory. long time ago. He's relies on his eyes for work and hasnt had any complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg&feature=related[/ame]

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I'm like Tater, don't get near my eye.

The wife wears contact, has been since she was in high school. She pops those things in and uses that big old bottle of eye-wash all the time like it ain't nothing. I can't even put on drop of Visine in my eye. I usually end up putting in the corner of my eye with my eye closed then easing my eye open a wee tad, the slamming it shut again. I keep doing that till it's all in there or done run down my face.

Glenn we had a similar experience with the 5 year old grandboy when he was 4. Got a gnat or something in his eye when we was in the mountains. Me and my 16 year grandboy had to hold him down while the wife put the drops in. That boy hollered and fought and screamed to high heaven. We was in a motel and I was afeared someone in another room was gonna call the law and report a child being murdered...slowly. Once we got it in it felt so good to him that he used a whole big bottle of the wife's eye-wash putting it in his eyes that night before we went to bed. He got plum addicted to it. Wanted us to go buy him another bottle. I told him he wasn't no kin to me.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I had my dominant eye done about five years ago. My thinking was if the doc screwed up I still had another eye. Best thing I ever did. 20 x 15 next year or so I'llget my left eye done.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?