Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prefrence Points?

Default Prefrence Points?

Fella in my crew that I thought was going to draw got his second preference point. THat is a first I have heard of. Has me wondering a few things.

Anybody else get their second point this year?

With more tags being in the lottery this year(I thought is was 1300 but looks like it is 1200) still more than the last few years at 1000. I'm wondering how many Yankees from Mass. put in after seen that woman all over the news last year! Might be an every 3 year thing now!
    Phillipians 4:13

I went through two draws before I got a tag. The good news is you're pretty much guaranteed a tag next year and in what ever unit you put at the top of your list. When I spoke with DNR about it last year they said there were maybe 50-60 people with two points for this years draw. I'm guessing it would be about the same for next year.

buddy of mine got his second point

I got my #2 point this year. I agree with the first post; I was thinking about how the DNR would be better off with a few more out of state folks drawing tags than just handing them over to the in state folks with 1 point in the system. I would like to see the numbers.

Brother-n-law got his 3rd this year, I got drawn with one go figure.

Buteo, where were you drawn?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Pee dee,

Default points

i got my second point this year the lady at dnr told me yesterday that over 6000 people put in for tags this year and that there 1500 people going into this year with preference pionts she said anyone with 2 pts was pretty much gonna get tag next year (which i dont believe with the way things have went this year)

friend of mine also got his third this year.... and he put his first choice in as southern coastal which is a less desired zone.... another friend got his, his wifes, and his daughters, all three had one preference point and all three were for midlands which is the most applied for region.... i would love to know exactly how these things are drawn.

all highest preference point holders are drawn from randomly first and their choices determine where they go. Everyone gets their first choice until it is unavailable then they go down your choice list until you either fit in or none of your choices are available and you get tossed out and you get an additional pref. pt.

Repeat with with next level of points until all apps are either given tags or additional pref. pt.

If there's 50 tags for an area and you are in the group with the most pref. pts and you ONLY will accept a certain area then you may well not get drawn and someone with less pts than you can because they are willing to accept any area.

Quote Originally Posted by lil red View Post
    i got my second point this year the lady at dnr told me yesterday that over 6000 people put in for tags this year and that there 1500 people going into this year with preference pionts she said anyone with 2 pts was pretty much gonna get tag next year (which i dont believe with the way things have went this year)
    That is the reason I was asking. So if 6000 applications were recived, and only 1200 tags, there are 4500 people out there with 1 point for next year, and 300 with 2 points. If this numbers you were given are correct. I know they(DNR) release all this info after the season with kill sucess ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    all highest preference point holders are drawn from randomly first and their choices determine where they go. Everyone gets their first choice until it is unavailable then they go down your choice list until you either fit in or none of your choices are available and you get tossed out and you get an additional pref. pt.

Repeat with with next level of points until all apps are either given tags or additional pref. pt..
    Yea I figured that is how is is "supposed" to work. Both myself and the fella that now has 2 points both put in only for Midlands and I got drawn where he didn't I was selected before him as I got a tag.

So with roughly 4800 points out there this could turn out like the other draws and be several years before you get your specific location unless you are open to going anywhere. I think BigBrother called this the first year, that eventually folks would catch on and it would take several years to get a tag.

I just wondered if the fella with 2 points was a small minority or what. Seems like after next year the numbers will even worse. Just say 6000 apply again next year(2012), and out of those you have 300 with 2 points. so that leaves 900 tags for 4500 applicates with one point. Which in turn mean the following year(2013) that those 3600 folks will have 2 points, any new applicants would have 1 point(no clue what % the applications are increasing by each year and I'm not going to figure it out!), and the tag holds from the year before would have no points. It could take a LONG time to get redrawn after this year if you got drawn this year, guess I better make this one count!

Quote Originally Posted by lil red View Post

That 1,500 people would have been from about a potential pool of nearly 2,600 that would have had a point from last year (about 3,800 applicants, 1,200 drawn=2,600 with pref.) So you know that there is some percentage of people that will not apply next year.

Default points

the lady at dnr said there are only three hundred and something people with 2 pts going into next year

My hunting buddy just got awarded his 4th point. So I am thinking this whole point system is a bunch of

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    My hunting buddy just got awarded his 4th point. So I am thinking this whole point system is a bunch of

Impossible. There is no one with more than 2 points going into next year.

There is no way his notification says he has 4 preference points.

Duk, One of my people got drawn.

Midlands, Go Figure?

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Tell him to stop putting in for Upstate Only

my buddy got his third preference point..... thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Yep. I work with a guy that was given a point for the third year running.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post

So that raelly makes my figures screwed up even more. With folks now having 3 points there are even less tags and more 1 pointers going into the 2013 season.

I got drawn with 1 point and only appiled for Midlands one of the hardest area to get selected. How could someone with 3 points allready not have been selected? Firemedic I would like to see his letter with 4 points. That is crazy.