Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flat screen?

Picture Quality: Plasma > LED LCD > TFT LCD

Overall Best: LED LCD > TFT LCD > Plasma

I own a panasonic plasma, but the next TV I will buy will be a LCD. LCD's are much lighter, brighter, and more energy efficient than plasma. The weight of plasmas make mounting them a hassle and in my opinion LCD is just the better way to go.

samsung. you won't be dissapointed.

Any of yall rockin samsung stickers on the back glass?
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Get a LED. They blow my LG LCD away, and I do really like my tv.

I just recently got a Samsing LED. I am about 10' away and got a 47". LED pic in HD and most movies is unbelievable. Was told that Plasma burns a shit ton of electricity vs. LCD or LED. Lots of good places to get comparitive data. I think the LG LED was a very close second when I bought 6 months ago.

i measured last night and i'm actually about 13 feet away from my 51" and like i said, i wouldnt go any bigger. Plasmas do burn a little more electricity, but it was worth it IMO.

Here is a write up from CNET:

No discussion of TV power use would be complete without a bit of perspective. For households that pay somewhere near the average retail cost for energy--11.55 cents per kilowatt per hour in 2009--and that watch near the average amount per TV--about 5.2 hours per day--the cost to watch a 50-inch 1080p plasma TV is about $64 per year in the calibrated light output mode (see How We Test). The average 52- to 55-inch LCD TV costs about $29 per year for the same light output, and, of course, smaller TVs use less energy. Sure, both electricity costs and average daily TV use are increasing steadily every year; however, those amounts still don't take a major chunk out of most household budgets. According to the Department of Energy, for example, the average refrigerator uses nearly $90 worth of energy per year.

It's worth noting that plasma TV has many picture quality advantages over LCD TVs, so people who really prize video quality may be willing to sacrifice some efficiency to get those advantages. On the other hand, today's high-quality LCDs can balance extreme efficiency with great picture quality. As with all technologies, improvements in HDTV performance are being made with every generation of products, and we expect power consumption to continue to fall in newer models.

here is a link to the page: http://reviews.cnet.com/green-tech/tv-power-efficiency/

Anybody know about lcp? I've had a 60" Samsung for years and love it still. I remember the selling points back then were zero burn in and that the only thing to go wrong was light bulb burning out. No issues so far. I think the bulbs are a few hundred $, but so far so good.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

if you buy go to hhgregg they are easy to wheel n deal

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Anybody know about lcp? I've had a 60" Samsung for years and love it still. I remember the selling points back then were zero burn in and that the only thing to go wrong was light bulb burning out. No issues so far. I think the bulbs are a few hundred $, but so far so good.
    I think that is what I just got from my buddy, mine is a 50" Samsung. It isn't the latest and greatest, but a big improvement over my 20" tv and he only wanted $50 for it.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I have a 55 inch Samsung LED 3D tv . Best picture going in my opinion, especially while watching a blue-ray disc.

Quote Originally Posted by jmjsc View Post
    I have a 55 inch Samsung LED 3D tv . Best picture going in my opinion, especially while watching a blue-ray disc.

not everybody has your money!
    1542 wareagle w/ 25 johnson
    1436 wareagle w/ 23 gdlt
    14' bugbuster w/ built 40 hammer
    1648 gdsd w/ 27 gdsd
    1650 polarcraft w/ built 40 hammer
    1848 gdsd w/ 35 gdsd
    1503 super-v w/ built 40 hammer
    1650 Joe Hancock special w/ ????

They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst!

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Also you may want to consider the sound. Of the 3 plasma is best, also the heaviest. The thinner the tv, the weaker the sound volume and quality. If yo dont have one you may want to consider a sound bar or surround. QAlso, if you are going HD or plan to mount it on the wall, I would highly reccommend shopping E-Bay for cables and a mount. Saved hundreds there because I got the tv a couple of weeks before I planned to hang it.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Don't mess with Ebay -- Go to Firefold.com they are out of Charlotte so one day ground shipping (or pickup if you feel like driving).

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I like a Vizio

Me too... Especially for the price

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Don't mess with Ebay -- Go to Firefold.com they are out of Charlotte so one day ground shipping (or pickup if you feel like driving).
    How much are their cables and wall mounts?

x2 on the sound, mine wasent that bad but i did get a surrond sound system for two of my tvs. without with out it the tv just didnt seem like it was hittin on much
    1542 wareagle w/ 25 johnson
    1436 wareagle w/ 23 gdlt
    14' bugbuster w/ built 40 hammer
    1648 gdsd w/ 27 gdsd
    1650 polarcraft w/ built 40 hammer
    1848 gdsd w/ 35 gdsd
    1503 super-v w/ built 40 hammer
    1650 Joe Hancock special w/ ????

They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    How much are their cables and wall mounts?
    i paid 30.00 for 2 HDMI cables when i bought my TV. That was one thing i didnt research. Came home, got on ebay, and bought a 6ft hdmi for 4-5.00. When it came in i took the 30.00 cables back to bestbuy. Works perfect. HDMI is HDMI. Dont let them trick you with that gold plated BS.

this is the link to the cable i bought. I paid 4.25 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310326643632

http://www.firefold.com/6-Foot-High-...1446C1560.aspx

$5 for a 6ft cable and shipping will be usps so fairly cheap there. Should only be one day away shipping-wise.

Tv mounts range from $30 up. Again, you could go pick it up to save shipping wise if you're close to Charlotte.
    http://www.firefold.com/TV-Mounts-C1568.aspx

I pretty much buy all my cables from these guys.

On e-bay i got 3 hdmi cables, 6ft, for 8 bucks...shipped....and a wall mount to fit the 50+inch with angular tilt for 26 bucks shipped.....had it all in 4 days....Thats why I was questioning the dont use e-bay comment. Not trying to promote, just trying to help save dollars. I would reccommend using a U.S. based company with a hicg score.

I'm just offering people a semi-local alternative where you know where the money's going.

Plus, I don't want to bid on crap that I want asap. I would rather go to a store and get it at a flat price.

Either way, to each his own.