Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will the drawing be for tags?

Got mine for middle coastal today and have a few picked out so I hope my buddys get theres too.

Well I got one last year but I didn't get drawn this year...damn. I'm fresh outta gator meat...

Sent from my iPad

ok so i'm confused...on DNR's website once i log in i can go through like i'm going to pay for my tag but then it says i didn't get picked and that purchasing the tags start July 15th. my question is do you think i didn't get picked or that i can't buy my tag until the 15th (Friday)? if i didn't get picked no big deal but why would it even show up under my account?? what are ya'll thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CUbowhunter View Post
    Didn't get drawn this year. Didn't really expect to since I got drawn last year but if people really got drawn that didn't apply, that's pretty shitty considering those of this that did apply paid a fee.
    I thought the same thing so I called DNR. The nice lady told me no such thing happened so I argued with her until she finally admitted that a few tags were accidently given to the wrong people. When she asked how she could make it right with me, I asked for and received a tag for the area I wanted. It seems they have a few held back just for this reason. It only works if you are very, very insistant as they didn't want people to overwelm them with requests.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Got my notification for the Middle Coastal today!

c-dub, the notification states that permits can not be purchased until after July 15.

Got mine for pee dee today. Didn't get the WMA one though.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 07-13-2011 at 04:29 PM.

c-dub, the notification states that permits can not be purchased until after July 15.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i've got my fingers crossed that i got picked.

A buddy of mine got his confirm in the mail today. I have not heard anything on mine yet.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by c-dub View Post
    ok so i'm confused...on DNR's website once i log in i can go through like i'm going to pay for my tag but then it says i didn't get picked and that purchasing the tags start July 15th. my question is do you think i didn't get picked or that i can't buy my tag until the 15th (Friday)? if i didn't get picked no big deal but why would it even show up under my account?? what are ya'll thoughts?
    when i tried to proceed, pop up came up to let me know that according to their records, i was not drawn...if it says you weren't selected, best guess is you weren't selected

C-Dub Yea you didn't get drawn, if so you could have purchased your tag. If not selected you can NOT proceed past the point you got, if drawn you go to a form to fill out and pay for the tag.
    Last edited by dukhuntr; 07-13-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Phillipians 4:13

midlands!
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

I did the same thing Monday night and said I didn't get one got ny letter in the mail for southern coastal

Got drawn for pee dee

Got it today!

Got Middle Coastal.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

please correct me if i'm wrong.....people that did not apply and pay $10 are getting tags by just buying the sportsmans license???

Hell....I applied, payed, and bought the sportsmans combo package along with other add-ons for a grand total off over $125 with DNR and people who didnt apply are getting tags. Im not expecting a tag this year because I got mine the first year, preference point the second, and got it last year. But if people not applying for tags are getting them over people who did.....well thats just as f-ing screwed up as a football bat!!!!
    Last edited by robbbos1; 07-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

Quote Originally Posted by robbbos1 View Post
    please correct me if i'm wrong.....people that did not apply and pay $10 are getting tags by just buying the sportsmans license???

Hell....I applied, payed, and bought the sportsmans combo package along with other add-ons for a grand total off over $125 with DNR and people who didnt apply are getting tags. Im not expecting a tag this year because I got mine the first year, preference point the second, and got it last year. But if people not applying for tags are getting them over people who did.....well thats just as f-ing screwed up as a football bat!!!!
    That is correct. If you bitch hard enough, you can get one of the conservation tags.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That is correct. If you bitch hard enough, you can get one of the conservation tags.
    Well Im gonna give DNR till the mail runs tomorrow just to be nice....but then i"m definately gonna call and express my opinion with the whole situation.

Like I said....i wasnt expecting a tag....but its the the principle of the whole thing that pisses me off.
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

They wont mention the conservation tags unless you bring it up. Conservation tags are what the animal control people use to legally harvest problem alligators.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by robbbos1 View Post
    Well Im gonna give DNR till the mail runs tomorrow just to be nice....but then i"m definately gonna call and express my opinion with the whole situation.

Like I said....i wasnt expecting a tag....but its the the principle of the whole thing that pisses me off.
    its not a simple as buying the sportsmans license, you have to call DNR's office downtown and request to be added to their "nussance alligator harvesting program". basically they will supply you with a tag in regions where a large number of 1st time alligator hunters have drawn. They do this to insure that the approprate amount of alligators are harvested in each region per the biologist reports.

when you call DNR, ask to speak with Chrystal, if she is not in than talk to Jean. They are incharge of the nussance alligator harvesting program and will walk you through the approprate steps.

- Pro tip
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!