Thread: Looking for a New Bait Tank

Default Looking for a New Bait Tank

I know several folks with the Creekbank tanks but they are out of business now.

I think the Ron Vest Super Bait Tank II is probably the best option, but the only folks I know around here that carries them is Lake World and they are on backorder.

Any other options out there for insulated, filtered tanks? Something to hold 8 dozen herring or so.

Have you checked on the Flow Master tanks. That is what we used on the Sea Pro Striper Edition bay boats. Striper Man Huey Caps' son made them in the upstate I believe. If you are around Buffalo Creek, check with him. He lives in the trailer in the circle right by the restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Love my Ron Vest Super Bait tank, hate that about Creekbank buddy of mine has one and is very quite and I really like the set up

Come on up to the Upstate an plenty of places carry the Vest SuperBait Tank II's

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Love my Ron Vest Super Bait tank, hate that about Creekbank buddy of mine has one and is very quite and I really like the set up

Come on up to the Upstate an plenty of places carry the Vest SuperBait Tank II's
    This is a true statement.

I gotta a fitty and absolutely love it. My bud has a creek bank tank, and while nice, that got durn oxygenator is always stopped up.

Doesn't Dooleys in Lexington sell the Super Bait II's??

Dooley's doesn't carry bait tanks at all any more. All I can seem to find locally are the keep alive tanks (I already have one in the 14 gal size), but I want something with true filtering and more insulation.

Who carries them in the upstate?

ron vest makes super bait tank II 864-295-4206.old pendleton rd easley sc.

There's a used one for sale on Charlestonfisting

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    There's a used one for sale on Charlestonfisting
    isn't that the one for $650 used? That guy is outta his fucking mind.

The last used one I bought for a friend I got for $325 on craigslist.

20 gallon for $300.00 and he's located in Lexington....I don't striper fish so I don't know chit about them.

Thanks mud. I sent him an email.

Call Ron Vest in Powdersville or The Bait Shop inTownville.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    Thanks mud. I sent him an email.
    My 3 cents says that 8 dozen herring ain't living in a 20 gallon bait tank......

maybe 4, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    My 3 cents says that 8 dozen herring ain't living in a 20 gallon bait tank......

maybe 4, maybe.

I have to agree, I have a 40 and most of the time all I buy is 2-4 doz and/or gizzard shad. I have had 6-8 doz in there before but really never need that much bait

Never have had a bait die in mine at all but I only live bait fish in colder weather and up until May so that makes a difference. I have also bought bait one week and hooked battery charge up to pump and let it run all week and bait will live for a whole week with not problem

I have had mine for several years, seems like I paid about 550 for mine new.

Watch the striper kings message board and midlands striper board, i am sure you could find one on there.

They do seem to hold their value very well, Mine is the II version with air injection and only thing I have ever done is replace a pump one time an that was it.

I need to replace my air injection valve sometime this summer
    Last edited by tprice; 07-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Hearing ain't much harder than mudminnows to keep alive..... just kidding of course but neither are any comparison to small shad on the Wateree chain during the hotter months..... want a solution myself but havent ever wanted to anti up...... have a friend here who swore by insulated tank with bottled oxygen and I witnessed it's effectiveness ,but a couple years ago he found a tank that he said was a good as and not worth messing with oxy..... I will try to find out what it was again... I think it is available online and I may be able to find but google but again my holdup has allways been $600+ for a good tank.

Lake world, Irmo near the damn @ lake Murray has what you need....
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

Check here. I traded a guy my 50 sunshine for his 30 Creek. That was a great deal for both of us.

http://www.striperboard.com/brd/sb/sb.php

Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up with a used 20 gallon Super Bait II (thanks for the lead Mud) with the Dannco venturi on it. Really puts out the air.

Dan Derrick (makes the venturi system) says he puts 10 doz in his 20 gallon SBII for tournaments with no problem. I found out that the 20 gal SBII actually holds the same amount of water as the 30 creekbank (one rates by tank, the other by tank and filter tank capacity). I normally only use 5-6 doz, but would like to be able to carry 8 doz in a pinch, so it sounds like I should be good.