Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midnight man drive

Shoot the sow and everything around it.

They are a novelty to us highlanders but I have seen what those terrible things do and they need war declared on them.

war is not enough!

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    you should see what it does when you throw it in a fish pond.

You gotta make a fuse etc, and tannerite wont do it, "sure shot" will, its a little hotter.

I have been wanting to do the hog thing for a long time.
    It really is amazing. I know of a jug that had 36 lbs of chain tacked to it and 7 lbs of tannerite. After the explosion, there was not a fleck of metal to be found. The key is that you have to make a space for the bullett to hit. That space is a perfect place to put a small reflector that may be visible with a q beam from, say, 150 yds. Also, no fire. Just a boom and a puff of white smoke. Lots of squealing.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

My family owns a large commercial pig operation.

We used to lease the property behind it to hunt. The lease doubled, we didnt renew, and a crew of Conway Dr's and Lawyers leased it.

They trucked in pigs.

We had pigs coming out of the woods to eat any spillage from the silos and feed mills. If we had to shower from one hog house to the other, and only had screens seperating feral hogs from commercial swine...you can imagine what could happen.

A letter was written to the property owners holding the lease, threatening legal action should anything arise, (we included photographs of the trucks entering the property with trailered feral swine) and the new lease holder's lease was terminated forthwith, and we were given access to go wipe the feral population out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by PP&WS View Post
    just do everybody a favor and dont grab a fucking bow and act like your a hero b/c you killed 1 out of 8
    WTF are you talking about???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

WTF are you talking about???????????

nothing about you. you were talking about using the tannerite and shrapnel for the hogs. I wa just sayin do that and dont grab a bow and kill 1 out of 8 or 10 and talk about how good your shot placement was, That crap pisses me off
    Last edited by PP&WS; 06-21-2011 at 03:56 PM.

This man hates a hog. Cut him some slack.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

nothing about you. you were talking about using the tannerite and shrapnel for the hogs. I wa just sayin do that and dont grab a bow and kill 1 out of 8 or 10 and talk about how good your shot placement was, That crap pisses me off
    gotcha... i agree, if i can kill one i will, be it truck bumped, bow, hammer, whatever. I have killed alot with the bow but that was with that "spare arrow" out the quiver and i never even laid my hands on him unless he fell to close, which i didnt want to happen.

Damnedest thing i ever seen is a shot a bo hog at 35 yards with OO buckshot facing me one time.
    They caught the sumbitch a year later with one leg missing and a locked up shoulder, on the same feeder.
    Last edited by buckpro; 06-21-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

got any pics of what yall shot.

you should see what it does when you throw it in a fish pond.

You gotta make a fuse etc, and tannerite wont do it, "sure shot" will, its a little hotter.

I have been wanting to do the hog thing for a long time.
    BP i got the tannerite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it a "rank" bo hog?

Was it a "rank" bo hog?
    Took a load of OO and kept kickin a year later minus one leg, that sir is "rank" in my book
    Last edited by buckpro; 06-21-2011 at 08:56 PM.

I wa just sayin do that and dont grab a bow and kill 1 out of 8 or 10 and talk about how good your shot placement was, That crap pisses me off
    I'm sorry you are having problems,especially since it envolves your lively hood as a farmer.

Your anger seems to directed in the wrong direction. Whether I shoot one at a time or more, I'm still killing hogs. I will never cure the hog problem, just like trapping,running hog dogs,man drives,or any other method is going to solve the problem. Where I'm at now, we can't use pepredation permits, so night time man drives with shot giuns is not an option.

Just curious, how many have you personally killed since February?

Read this thread and you will find the right crowd to be pissed at.....the catch and re-release crowd.

http://scoutdoornews.com/forum/showt...4091#post84091
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-22-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Read this thread and you will find the right crowd to be pissed at.....the catch and re-release crowd.

http://scoutdoornews.com/forum/showt...4091#post84091
    That shit makes my blood boil.

I can recall several members on this site talking about killing coyotes. "Bo, dont kill em, catch em and sell em. You are killing a $100 bill every coyote you kill"..

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

I can recall several members on this site talking about killing coyotes. "Bo, dont kill em, catch em and sell em. You are killing a $100 bill every coyote you kill"..
    I know of a fella around here that pulls this crap. He makes pretty fair side money selling coyotes to the uppity "Fox Hunters" so they can tally ho around and toot their horns and pretend they are chasing "foxes"

Hogs and coyotes all meet the same fate where we hunt....the gut pile.
    Last edited by SCcdp; 06-22-2011 at 09:49 AM.

I wont deny that it isnt lucrative and selling them alive yields higher profits than the $5 bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

BB, the original poster did a good job of trapping and killing the hogs. I'm sure you saw the post from another poster that thought he should have kept some alive and released them up the road......to improve their hunting.

Yes sir, I did see that. A moderator too. What a conservationist.

Took out 10-12 with this road kill a month ago.

*2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I dont know of a plantation manager who does not try and kill every hog they see.
    Most of the boars we kill in St. George have been castrated. Somebody is managing hogs.
    Last edited by Island Hunter; 06-24-2011 at 06:10 AM.