Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Battle for Debordieu

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

That would be Sir James McLintock Wilson ...most called him beauregard though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

very good discussion, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It took MISTER DuPont and inumerable others to bring about the result that there was no local money in the first place...
    This. And the earlier post by the wordsmith who used the shot out tires thank the shooter for fixing the flats analogy.

What I've read since turning 40 contradicts everything I was taught from four to eighteen. Lies, lies, lies my "fathers" told me. Even the origin of my homestate (WV) was a god am swindle act of thievery from Virginia, with not even half of the current WV counties voting to break from Richmond. Aybra Ham Link Cunt was a motherfucker.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our family hit the beach in 1698 thanks to the law of primogeniture. I remember reading that yours came earlier HS, and now we have Bohica. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing all.
    It was George Cantey, not Teige, who arrived from the Barbados to Charleston in the so-called first fleet in the spring of 1670. Records of the time indicate that he imported his elderly father and mother not long after. So far as is known, all branches of the family in America descend from this single head, Teige Cantey. Distinguished in South Carolina history, most were members of St. James' Goose Creek, St. George's, St. Mark's, and St. Stephen's parishes and — almost continuously from 1696 to 1775. - I pulled that off of another site. We came from County Cork Ireland, eons before the Great Famine. I'm a mutt that came from a few good lineages, and now I put a smile on and pick out wine for yankees that winter in my town. My father always told me to not get mad or angry, get their money.

A few people probably think we're bragging about our heritage, and they do not get it. Pride is what it derives from. Deep connections to South Carolina, our home is what I feel.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 11-22-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Wallace Pate bought Deb. from Lulu and then they developed it. Wallace's brother did not own any of it and Wallace did not even have a sister.

I remember when the Feds owned a good part of Deb. after the Savings and Loan debacle of the 80's...

Read the Book I am reading NOW. JACK POT.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mr Pate's boat was bad ass "BlueBill" Fishing machine.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The result?

BY SAMMY FRETWELL
    sfretwell@thestate.com

COLUMBIA, SC Siding with coastal property owners, South Carolina’s environmental protection board refused Thursday to ban experimental seawalls that its own staff said are contributing to beach erosion and threatening rare sea turtles.

The Department of Health and Environmental Control board disregarded staff recommendations to stop allowing the plastic walls after high-powered lawyers said the walls protect millions of dollars in coastal property.

It was not immediately known if Thursday’s DHEC board vote could lead to more of the plastic seawalls on beaches.

Board member Chuck Joye of Anderson said he wants more extensive study over the next year, and in the meantime, asked that the devices “remain in place for that period.’’ DHEC board members questioned whether studies of the seawalls’ success were thorough enough.

The seawalls, known as wave dissipation devices, were approved for use by the Legislature about three years ago as an experiment.

Touted as a way to protect land without eroding beaches like concrete seawalls, the plastic devices were established as experiments on the Isle of Palms near Charleston and Harbor Island near Beaufort.

But since being installed, the wave dissipation walls have contributed to erosion, agency staff members told the board. Staffers showed a series of photographs documenting problems with the plastic seawalls.

The walls blocked sand from getting past them and onto the back part of the beach, according to a staff presentation at Thursday’s board meeting. Enough sand to fill 75 dump trucks decreased on the beach behind the walls, the presentation said. At the same time, erosion occurred on unprotected property near the plastic walls, according to staff information.

The board also was told about sea turtle tracks leading to the base of the plastic walls, then turning back toward the sea. The walls were approved by the Legislature after lawmakers were told by boosters that the walls could be taken down during sea turtle nesting season. But property owners never took the walls down after they were installed.

Despite that, two former DHEC lawyers urged the board to allow the walls o remain in place. Attorneys Jack Smith and Mary Shahid, who now are in private practice and represent coastal landowners, said the walls are providing vital protection to valuable seaside property.

Matt Hamrick, who represents the inventor of the wave dissipation system, disputed the DHEC staff’s conclusions that the walls weren’t working as designed and were threats to sea turtles. Hamrick said a consultant DHEC had used to draw its conclusions said the wave devices were not causing problems on beaches.

”The WDS does not negatively impact turtle nesting,’’ he said. “No one has shown any proof that it did.’’

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/a...#storylink=cpy

I really don't know how I feel about this other than I know every time we mess with Mother Nature, she hits us back and usually twice as hard.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I really don't know how I feel about this other than I know every time we mess with Mother Nature, she hits us back and usually twice as hard.
    I didn't read the whole thing but...try to drive across North Inlet at Low Tide...it's damn near impossible to do with out hitting some of "Debordeiu beach"...it is rapidly filling in the inlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I think the beach project over there is the main cause for all the new sand in the mouth of North Inlet. If our tax dollars are going to them to help rebuild, the public should get access to their boat ramp.

God told Edisto where He wanted the beach after Matthew.

I agree with you rubberheads, rubberhead.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And they are putting in back, for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thing but...try to drive across North Inlet at Low Tide...it's damn near impossible to do with out hitting some of "Debordeiu beach"...it is rapidly filling in the inlet.
    Again, I don't know the answer and my not even understand the question but you kind'a made my point. If nature wants to move something on her own, and we try to stop her, something pops out somewhere else.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

the bairer island looks to be in poor shape and the inlet needs some dredging. in my nonexpert opinion.
    what I do know is its pretty damn awesome to catch redfish every 3rd cast from the dock

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Again, I don't know the answer and my not even understand the question but you kind'a made my point. If nature wants to move something on her own, and we try to stop her, something pops out somewhere else.
    That last part is the dang gospel! And these damned deep pocket idiots can't seem to grasp it! There's a reason why the original Deb crowd is on the creek and not the beach. They all knew what was coming. And Coker...as far as the general public using the ramp...I'm not sure I'm ok with that. I enjoy having that exclusive coat tail to ride on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.