Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stripper tips/ tricks

Quote Originally Posted by cedarcreek89 View Post
    Good points. Are you in major creek channels? Or closer to the banks? I've been sticking around the dam at murray-marking fish 15-30

Not familiar with Rick Taylor's Prime Times I assume they are feeding times?
    Good points......and road beds, creek channels that intersect road beds......My favorite place to start was dubbed the "t-box" two roadbeds that meet and make a little square box. it is 7 foot of water surrounded by 31' to 45' surrounding it.

I would check every point west of shull island & down towards bear creek before I put one sliver of bait in the water. They will like one or 2 for a reason, wind, wind current, water current, drop off, shaller water, they have there reasons. I know that wind direction typically gives me an idea what side of the points to fish, but it is hard to determine why one long rocky point is better than another. Deep water access doesn't really apply in Lake X.

I hear that folks like the dam at murray and the towers, but I always catch fish, and I have never in my life fished at that god forsaken place.

I obviously gave you too much information......

Hahaha thanks for all the info. Hope to get up there sometime later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    So what is the reason you don't fish your planer boards in the summer, the fish go deep or something?

Yes, rule of thumb I have always gone by is when water temp gets into 70's planer board/freeline bite is pretty much over. Not saying you can not catch them like that then but not normally

Water temps from 60-75 or so FRESH cut bait works great on points near deep channels

It gets where it is now, mid 80's, it seems to take a while for the thermocline to establish but once it does you can find them in the main channels and big parts of the lake anywhere from 30-60+ feet deep. Best I can recall deepest I have ever caught one on downrigger was 60' or so

Quote Originally Posted by cedarcreek89 View Post
    I've heard this too and usually try to get my bait 1-2ft above where im marking fish.

My question is how far do they "feed up"?
    I like to try and run my lures about 1-4' above them, much more they seem to miss it but like I said the depth thing is a constant experiment.

With lead core line I am told 45' is about max depth for that no matter how many colors our you are(each color is about 3'-depending on speed, weight of lure and etc). Lead core works but when you get 8-10 colors out or more it takes a while to get the fish in

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I like to try and run my lures about 1-4' above them, much more they seem to miss it but like I said the depth thing is a constant experiment.

With lead core line I am told 45' is about max depth for that no matter how many colors our you are(each color is about 3'-depending on speed, weight of lure and etc). Lead core works but when you get 8-10 colors out or more it takes a while to get the fish in
    That is crazy, for 2 reasons....The guys in Lake Erie fish for salmon & lake troot, they catch dem bitches 75' feet deep on lead core. the other crazy part is I have never fished more than 4 colors up here.

Lemme axe you dis......How much of a clear mono leader you fish on the leadcore? I hear differing opinions, but have a preferred length.

Don't know bout trollin, but I caught sum rocks in da channel 70' deep last summer. It's about time to start looking for dem dare again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Don't know bout trollin, but I caught sum rocks in da channel 70' deep last summer. It's about time to start looking for dem dare again.
    So you like sitting and waiting them out?

How bout hydroglow?

That is crazy, for 2 reasons....The guys in Lake Erie fish for salmon & lake troot, they catch dem bitches 75' feet deep on lead core. the other crazy part is I have never fished more than 4 colors up here.

Lemme axe you dis......How much of a clear mono leader you fish on the leadcore? I hear differing opinions, but have a preferred length.
    Could be, most colors I have ever had out is 10 that I can recall. That is why I use downriggers. I am just going on what some of the "old timers" have told me about lead core line.

I use about 20' and have used as much as 100'. It seems you can control the depth more or at least know where it is.

As I said for the real deep stuff i will use my downriggers and the leadcore if I put out more than 7-8 colors is is just because I am experimenting to see where they are.

Only way to know true depth of leadcore is to find sandy bottoms and keep going across and noting your speed and number of colors out and weight of lure and when you hit bottom make a chart, Guy that showed me the tricks on leadcore had a chart that was made by one of the best around Hartwell(Joe Griswald). Joe was THE MAN on deep trolling and this was before all the "high tech" electronic stuff we have now

Most anyone that has learned deep water tricks has learned them from Joe or somebody that Joe taught how to troll deep

How bout hydroglow?
    Got one in the garage, Admiral(wife) uses it for Halloween lol

It does work but I just am not a night fisherman.

If using hydroglow it helps to have 2 or 3 but if someone comes near you with the generators and sodium lights it is no contest but I have listening to generators run and do not want to spend the money for a Honda just for night fishing

Good time for sitting out with buddies drinking BEER though

Leadcore, 10 different colors out......WTW are Yall talking about?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Got something I am itching to try this summer and then late fall/early winter.

I am going to use a kite set up like they do for sails and kings, getting me a kite setup for kings and think it might work with big baits for stripers.

Got a place I can try it this summer I think but will also need helium balloon since not much wind.

I will let ya'll know how this turns out

I am going to use a kite set up like they do for sails and kings, getting me a kite setup for kings and think it might work with big baits for stripers.

Got a place I can try it this summer I think but will also need helium balloon since not much wind.

I would look funny with 8 balloons behind the boat.......hehe. Give it a rip and keep us posted.

I am ramping up for a live bait slaying here in the next 2-3 weeks. I have already heard of one, the fish were small. The week of the fourth of July is panning out to be another good one as far as the sun and moon phases. The right point on the right morning can yield alot of lines going off at once, and alot of big fish on the floor......

Default Your thread title (Stripper Tips) had me thinking

Stripper tips in general:

1. Don't waste all your ones on the first dancer. Share the wealth, pace yourself.

2. Don't waste your twenties on the first offer of a lapdance. When you see one later that gives you a chub so fat you get lightheaded, you'll wish you still had that money.

3. It's impolite to tell one her ass looks like chewed bubble gum. You're no prize yourself.

4. Sometimes they aren't flirting just for tips. Don't miss an opportunity by being a dipshit.

5. In reference to #4, wear a condom. Over your entire body like a chemical warfare suit. For the next guy's sake. I'm sure you have something the rest of us don't want.

6. Don't tell the older dancer she reminds you of your mom. It's not a compliment, dumbass. Besides your mom had more stretch marks. On her mouth.

7. Don't nut in your pants during the lap dance. In reference to #4 and #5, you will have already "blown" it.

8. In reference to #4 and #5, if it costs you money, she doesn't really like you. If you tell your friends that in spite of paying for sex, you won't hear the end of it until they're old enough to be in the alzheimer's wing.

9. If you recognize her from somewhere else, be courteous enough not to mention it.

10. Tip heavily. There's no award for being a tightwad.

Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

I love you man.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

No shit! Hell with anything that takes work. BAAAWWWWAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

u want stripers head up to russell....i couldnt keep them out of my lights the other night while i was trying to bowfish lol....saw several in the 20+ pound range

Quote Originally Posted by UpSouth811 View Post
    u want stripers head up to russell....i couldnt keep them out of my lights the other night while i was trying to bowfish lol....saw several in the 20+ pound range
    They is alota laws changed on russell since dem big fishes was caught the other year.

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Stripper tips in general:

1. Don't waste all your ones on the first dancer. Share the wealth, pace yourself.

2. Don't waste your twenties on the first offer of a lapdance. When you see one later that gives you a chub so fat you get lightheaded, you'll wish you still had that money.

3. It's impolite to tell one her ass looks like chewed bubble gum. You're no prize yourself.

4. Sometimes they aren't flirting just for tips. Don't miss an opportunity by being a dipshit.

5. In reference to #4, wear a condom. Over your entire body like a chemical warfare suit. For the next guy's sake. I'm sure you have something the rest of us don't want.

6. Don't tell the older dancer she reminds you of your mom. It's not a compliment, dumbass. Besides your mom had more stretch marks. On her mouth.

7. Don't nut in your pants during the lap dance. In reference to #4 and #5, you will have already "blown" it.

8. In reference to #4 and #5, if it costs you money, she doesn't really like you. If you tell your friends that in spite of paying for sex, you won't hear the end of it until they're old enough to be in the alzheimer's wing.

9. If you recognize her from somewhere else, be courteous enough not to mention it.

10. Tip heavily. There's no award for being a tightwad.

You are so wise. Between this list and your post in the who believes in... thread I think you should run for office.

Another guy pointed out a problem with this set up, OSPREY'S

This place is swarming with them and I can see them hammering a big trout splashing around the surface.

Any idea how to LEGALLY discourage them.

I was thinking a sling shot with paint balls or even a paint ball gun

Another guy pointed out a problem with this set up, OSPREY'S

This place is swarming with them and I can see them hammering a big trout splashing around the surface.

Any idea how to LEGALLY discourage them.

I was thinking a sling shot with paint balls or even a paint ball gun
    either way you told me what I had been trying to get out ya.......