Thread: Habitat work is not for the meek

Default Habitat work is not for the meek

So, i am preparing some plots for Decomate Buck Grub Plus, II. I worked the plots last week and was finishing up with the rototiller. I am in a zone. Its nice, really, to be able to turn my brain off from time to time. It helps me mentally recharge from patients like DRDUCK. But i digress...

I was tilling and ran thru some tall grass on the field edge and glimpsed something fly up my pants leg. I was pretty sure it was a big grasshopper or maybe a dragonfly but i felt that bastard on my leg. I hop up and take the tractor out of gear while I am trying to kick my shoes off so i can take my pants off and get that damn bug out of there. Well, i grap the "bug" through my pants leg but i missed, i reckon bc i feel that joker latch on to my inner thigh. Now I am double-stepping not to fall of the tractor that is still moving and trying to drop trow.

Finally, i get my pants down to my ankles and a damn MOUSE finds its way to freedom. I sat there and lol'ed. What's a guy to do? I mean, DAMN, i was OK thinking it was a grasshopper but i knew something was up with that joker latched on to my leg. I havent gotten my pants down that fast since the sorority mixer at Wake Forest back in '89.

But its OK, i am sure you yahoos will have some entertaining comments and my Decomate Buck Grub Max Plus, II plots will be awesome.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I spent some time getting some tractor therapy yesterday as well. I still had two lock ons up that needed to come down and planned on pulling those first. As I was leaving the house something said, "better grab the chainsaw" so I did.

Sure as shit there were 3 trees down across the road heading into the place. Don't know if it was a twister or straight line winds but you could see a straight line through the woods of downed trees for about 300 yards. Ran that Stihl till the blade dulled, let it cool, sharpened it up and ran it again for another half hour or so.

Finally got on the tractor and started cutting fields. Broke the wheel off the back of the bushhog on the 3rd field. Sumbitch never tracked right anyway. I saw lots of meeses. None up my britches leg though.

I did move 3 snakes out of the road yesterday. 2 rat snakes and one copper head. Copper head was the only one that didn't try to bite me. Ungrateful bastards.

Doc, you gotta start tucking your pants into your boots.

Fuck a rototiller, says the guy who did tilling on Saturday. Got two more to do. Am not looking forward to it.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

I got nothing to add other than the mouse part.

To hell with a mouse up the pants leg. It will make a grown man make sounds unbecoming.

I was helping push some corn out of the grain bins one fall. I thought we had got all the little buggers out of there...hellz no. I had someone cut a hole in my britches to get him out. I had a hold of the sumbitch through my jeans about halfway up my kneecap to my boys and I was not letting go...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I have to give you mad props for taking the tractor out of gear before jumping off. At least you weren't wearing shorts and flipflops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    I have to give you mad props for taking the tractor out of gear before jumping off. At least you weren't wearing shorts and flipflops.
    Unless you have a sensor in the seat that automatically cuts the machine off when your ass leaves the seat. I've been in yella jacket nests that made me thankful for that option on my tractor.

that is right. i was on a JD. i had one hand on the mystical grasshopper while the other hand was shutting down the throttle as I stood up. the thing cut off and I about lost my grip....

fricking mouse in my pants. that shit aint right....

When you hit and underground yellow jacket nest, then come back and whine.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

been there, done that lab. i was bulldozing a wood pile and i hit a nest somewhere in there. i didn't shut down the JD dozer before i jumped off and as i tried to get away from them i saw the dozer go straight down into the pond. it shut off as soon is it got in the water, thank god. ended up with 15-20 stings and haven't been back on that thing since.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I had three mice/rats come out of the roof lining of tractor a couple of years ago when I was motoring down the road at about 7am. There is nothing like starting the day eye-to-eye with a few rodents. Glad I got it into neutral. Not sure if I would have if a corn snake had been following them.

You gotta love snakes. They are hell on mice. Next time you fellas feel like turning your taurus judges loose on Mr. No Legs, imagine some mice running up your legs towards your nuts instead.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

i cant stop laughing. the mental images of 2th screamin' like a girl and about to break a leg tryin to get his pants off. Priceless! can i go ahead and pay my $24 for next year?

The funny part is I am gettin blamed for it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    The funny part is I am gettin blamed for it.
    You mean your wife is logged on here?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

it sure as hell wasnt MY fault.

Richard Gere?
    He would have been nice next year.

i have heard the gerbil jokes...

Caught a nice 4 foot rat snake yesterday. Mean SOB! Put him to work in the barn. Damn rodents!
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"