Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: On the water photos...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    No. The only similarities these boats share is that they're both sportfish. There isn't a common line, angle, curve, window, etc, etc, between them.
    Shows you what I know. You know what to look for and I can see it once you point it out. I'm sure that the performance is worlds apart but it sure LOOKS like one was built to resemble the other.

I saw Dave's pictures and thought of this:

All this boat talk is making me want to get back down to Florida.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Capt. of the boat was Doug (can't recall his last name). Great folks.
    Lemme see if I got this right. A man buys and pays for a boat, now he owns a boat. Then he has to hire a captain to run it?

We ain't talking about no jet here. It's a boat, ain't no difference in the one in the picture and a Ranger bass boat 'cept for how big it is.

Good friend of mine, retired urologist, keeps a 38' with twin 500 diesels in Panama City. When we go out he drives it, sometimes I drive it, sometimes it's on auto-pilot taking us to a GPS marked reef.

Course it's just the Gulf, usually smooth as glass and he's got his captain license. But I've driven it many times out in the big water and I've docked it. So why all the crap about a license. You ain't gonna crash it into a city and kill thousands like you could a jet.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Holy Mackerel.

Alright. So a guy buys a 60 foot, 2 million dollar sportfish boat...or any boat of that value. He ties it up and leaves it for three months at a time. Sure, he has a local boat maintenance company come and wash the birdshit off of it before he shows up with guests. In three years, due to lack of daily attention, that boat is a wreck.

In the slip next to him, there's a 60 foot, 2 million dollar sportfish and an owner with the intellegence to maintain his investment by hiring a good captain. Forgetting a license for a moment, a good captain will protect the investment with proper care from engine maintenance to bright work, stem to stern, so to speak.

So when you compare the two, just know there is a difference between a 2008 61' Garlington and a 1982 38' Uniflite.
    Last edited by Fish; 03-31-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Holy Mackerel.

Alright. So a guy buys a 60 foot, 2 million dollar sportfish boat...or any boat of that value. He ties it up and leaves it for three months at a time. Sure, he has a local boat maintenance company come and wash the birdshit off of it before he shows up with guests. In three years, due to lack of daily attention, that boat is a wreck.

In the slip next to him, there's a 60 foot, 2 million dollar sportfish and an owner with the intellegence to maintain his investment by hiring a good captain. Forgetting a license for a moment, a good captain will protect the investment with proper care from engine maintenance to bright work, stem to stern, so to speak.

So when you compare the two, just know there is a difference between a 2008 61' Garlington and a 1982 38' Uniflite.
    here is the proverbial "word".

i hold a license and actually have crossed the demarcation line a couple times....if I ever owned a 62' Garlington, I'd hire the best Capt around.
    actually, i'd hire 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Theres not much difference between the Garlington and the Uniflite!!!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Actually he keeps in in dry dock until the summer time.

First time I saw that big azz fork lift putting boats in the water it blew my mind.

And heck, the guy I'm talking about has plenty of money. He owns a urological practice in Atlanta with 12 doctor working there, plus he owns 15 liquor stores in and around Atlanta, high class liquor stores.

So if the boat depreciates it's just a write off.

I told him a urologist owning liquor stores was like a dentist owning candy stores.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 03-31-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Come to think of it, why hire a lawyer? why not defend yourself in court...

I love Wanchese. I like all the shit floating in that water up around bayliss boat works. It just feels fishy.

Merg, those lifts in general are bad ass. Lotta money to be totting over concrete.

give em hell fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    I'd rather look at pictures of reels than pictures of over-priced and under-portioned plates of food..just sayin
    Touche' tubesocks Touche'

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I for one like your pictures...not as much as I am enamored with the vessel's name...but I still like em none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I missed the level wind faux pas. I was blinded by the sly wit of the boat's name. Was in complete awe. It is almost as good as the "Y-knot", or "Reel Fun".
    How about "Knot Reel Original"....that is a good one.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 04-06-2011 at 12:19 PM.