Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: midlands trout

Good grief.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

bogster--take me fshing

navin-pick me up the next day. I will bring bait.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You couldn't catch a trout on a flyrod if your life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    bogster--take me fshing

navin-pick me up the next day. I will bring bait.

You call me when you can go. I can get off whenever.

Just walked in...caught 5. They were tearing the top up....If I had any bwo in my box it would've been murder son.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I dont fly fish..I have a fly rod but yet to get it wet. I snip my rooster trebles down to a single hook. You lose a few fish maybe, but it doesnt gut them or tear up their mouths as bad as the treble.(also wont get in the rocks as bad) There a couple of spots on the river that you can flat wear em out....or you can fish the tree house with everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I mind sharing.

And if you are going to fish with a rooster tail, atleast keep them, they will die anyway after their mouths are shredded.
    enough time on this website and i guess everybody turns into a dick. most forums are for sharing info, not for sad little people to feel smarter than someone else.

btw i only take a spinning rod as a back up with the treble cut to a single, barbless hook. douche
    Last edited by everlast; 02-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Chill out everlast.

I gave you cheap flyfishing lessons and told you exactly where to go for free.
    I think you can handle figuring out which patterns on your own.
    I wasn't being rude.
    I'm just not going to tell you what works for me.

I catch fish because I find out what works.

I was the only flyfisherman out of 3 that landed trout today.
    If I told those others what I was using, they would be landing trout with the same pattern and soon my pattern would be useless and I would have to find another, OR they would fish out the runs that I could potentially catch fish in for the next 2 weeks.

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

dook is funny.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Fly fushin in the saluda for trout is about like water skiing in a pond...just ain't worth it...unless the end result is a 20lb. rock fush!

ten four 2th.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobblin Fever View Post
    Fly fushin in the saluda for trout is about like water skiing in a pond...just ain't worth it...unless the end result is a 20lb. rock fush!
    Great first post simple mind. Revenue from trout fishing brings money to all sorts of buisenesses here not to mention the enjoyment of catching. Stick to your so called fever
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

bean hunter, do you really think that trout fishing brings revenue to the midlands. I'm just asking, do people really flock here because SCDNR drops trout in our rivers? I would expect the striper industry is much bigger around here than the trout. I don't hang out in backcorner fly shops nor know where any are around here. I do know that the Little cricket on 378 said corn sales were up. I liked gobblin fever's post and agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    bean hunter, do you really think that trout fishing brings revenue to the midlands. I'm just asking, do people really flock here because SCDNR drops trout in our rivers? I would expect the striper industry is much bigger around here than the trout. I don't hang out in backcorner fly shops nor know where any are around here. I do know that the Little cricket on 378 said corn sales were up. I liked gobblin fever's post and agree.
    The beauty of free speech and opinions.

Chill out everlast.

I gave you cheap flyfishing lessons and told you exactly where to go for free.
    I think you can handle figuring out which patterns on your own.
    I wasn't being rude.
    I'm just not going to tell you what works for me.

I catch fish because I find out what works.

I was the only flyfisherman out of 3 that landed trout today.
    If I told those others what I was using, they would be landing trout with the same pattern and soon my pattern would be useless and I would have to find another, OR they would fish out the runs that I could potentially catch fish in for the next 2 weeks.
    Bog, my bad. had shit day that day and mistook what/how you were saying. I understand your point.

Raised fish, raised ducks and hunting high fence. Same shit.

But good deal Bog. Some damn good eaten. If you ever venture up to the mountains holler at me. I got plenty of holes we tear them up at. Some wild some stocked.
    Last edited by Tee; 02-08-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post

Caught my first trout five years ago on a Bead Head Hare's Ear in the Saluda. Scuds, Psyco Prince, and BWO Emergers will ususally do the trick this time a year. Good times on that river.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Raised fish, raised ducks and hunting high fence. Same shit.
    How so?

High fence deer rarely jump out.

raised ducks barely fly.

raised fish are free to swim wherever the hell they want.

btw, you can't tame a fish.

raised fish are free to swim wherever the hell they want.

btw, you can't tame a fish
    FIRST those "raised" fish can swim where ever they so choose AS LONG AS it is within the artificially created cold water conditions found below the dam of Lake Murray. They cannot swim ABOVE said dam and they can only go so far BELOW said dam before the warm water conditions limit their artificial existence.

SECOND- you may not be able to "tame" a fish but you can damned sure "condition" it.... I don't see anybody "taming" these MRP birds- i have never seen one sit or roll over or fetch etc... HOWEVER they do indeed imprint on whoever it is providing them food much like fish will do if someone continues to feed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    FIRST those "raised" fish can swim where ever they so choose AS LONG AS it is within the artificially created cold water conditions found below the dam of Lake Murray. They cannot swim ABOVE said dam and they can only go so far BELOW said dam before the warm water conditions limit their artificial existence.

Well, no shit...

SECOND- you may not be able to "tame" a fish but you can damned sure "condition" it.... I don't see anybody "taming" these MRP birds- i have never seen one sit or roll over or fetch etc... HOWEVER they do indeed imprint on whoever it is providing them food much like fish will do if someone continues to feed them.

Surely you've seen an MRP farmer feed his 6 wk old ducks from 5 gallon buckets at the edge of the raising pond,....everyday until 2 weeks prior to the season.

Maybe you should get out more.
    We have a member here that taught them to come to a whistle during his years as an MRP operator. Whistle is blown at shooting light....ducks come straight towards the blinds.

I am not claiming these fish are wild brook trout.
    I'm just saying I went fishing and caught a few.