Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 500 Straight Limits

at some point along the way, it wasnt about the hunting. it was only about the limit. I dont want to live that way. not sure why many of you think this is "cool" or a "great accomplishment" but that is what makes the world go 'round. people have different opinions and we likely are on the same side of the fence.

except maybe glenn.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 01-11-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    I don't go out to fail. I'm sorry you do.

Yeah, I get that vibe everytime I read one of RHs posts or look at his pics. dumbass comment.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

12 years? I have read duck club records that go back over 100 years. I could read that stuff all day long...

The quote "Stop trying to church it up, Dirt" comes to mind here... Killing ducks is killing ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    And there's one more reason to like Texas.
    Yessir

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    12 years? I have read duck club records that go back over 100 years. I could read that stuff all day long...

The quote "Stop trying to church it up, Dirt" comes to mind here... Killing ducks is killing ducks.
    IMO, it would be just as impressive if they killed 1 shy of the limit on hunt number 347? I agree, reading old records, accts of the hunts, who was there, incidental stories is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

[SIZE=5].
    “We didn’t set it up for a streak,” Mercer said. “But then it was 36 times in a row. Then 84. Then we started to talk about it."

At the end of each season, the hunters would order caps with the number of limits embroidered on the canvas.

[/COLOR][/URL]

looks like "the point" changed over time

"Hey J. P., I realize that there's still a lot of birds around, but how 'bout we try NOT to shoot a limit in the morning"

[silence interrupted by the beeping of J. P.'s cell phone keypad....]

"Hey Larry, this is J. P., you wanna come over and hunt in the morning, Tim's hit his head on something really hard....."

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    except maybe glenn.
    There's a fence?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    at some point along the way, it wasnt about the hunting. it was only about the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by NO FLY ZONE View Post
    Rubbahead repost the story of the Black Duck. It was a good read and I can't find it. I know off topic.
    Is this it?

http://www.scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47672
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Serious question here RH, would you be ashamed of yourself if you killed a limit of ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    "Hey J. P., I realize that there's still a lot of birds around, but how 'bout we try NOT to shoot a limit in the morning"

[silence interrupted by the beeping of J. P.'s cell phone keypad....]

"Hey Larry, this is J. P., you wanna come over and hunt in the morning, Tim's hit his head on something really hard....."

Serious question here RH, would you be ashamed of yourself if you killed a limit of ducks?
    Of course not. I've posted pictures of limits. I do it on purpose sometimes. Most times though, I put the gun up after a couple of birds. I don't expect everyone understand, or even care for that matter, but it's like a switch shuts off. I just don't feel like shooting any more.

Killing a limit is not my challenge. In all but about 5 days over the last 26 years I have carried a double gun. If I were after a limit, I'd shoot my autoloader.

I sold my Go-Devil when I was killing a limit just about everytime I hit the water. It was back in 1998 long before most folks had mud motors and the lake was covered with ducks. I simply drove where I wanted to hunt and shot a limit. It was easy so I made it harder on myself.

The last time I hunted over a spinner was January 12, 2000 when I crippled a greenhead and with it's dying strength he circled to land next to the Wonder Duck.

Not always, but most times I pass on birds that won't decoy or respond to the call.

There are a lot of things I could do to kill more ducks, but I've been there, done that.

I don't scout. I hit the water and take my chances. The challenge to me is working birds that I do see. I've said it before but one well-hunted duck, to me, is more worth of praise than a limit shot over a food hole.

I do find it ironic that this discussion is taking place in the "Conservation Forum".

Or on a duck hunting forum at all for that matter...

If what I or anyone else takes from a hunt differs from what you posted above does that make me or them wrong?

go ahead and laugh, JAB...but for clarification, can you tell me what's so funny? i really want to be liked by everyone so my opinion must follow yours. please help me.

do you not see the difference between going hunting and keeping score? i sure as hell aint the guy to put his gun up bc he got tired of killing (sorry, RH) but i'm not sure how only wanting to kill THE LIMIT for 500 straight times is a good thing to strive for...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If what I or anyone else takes from a hunt differs from what you posted above does that make me or them wrong?
    I hope, after 6 years of being on this board together you know the answer to that.

If not, I'll quote myself from over a year ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I’m glad they have their ways. I’m glad I have mine.

That's precisely the quote I was heading for....so why are you condemning them for NOT being in YOUR mold?

That's precisely the quote I was heading for....so why are you condemning them for NOT being in YOUR mold?
    Did I condem them? Did I flame them in any way? I said they're missing something. In fact, isn't there more to duck hunting than shooting a limit? If so, they are missing something.

If anything I pity them.

BTW - Search my nearly 3,000 posts and see if you can find one occasion where I flamed or condemed anyone. It's not my way. It doesn't jibe with my Christian beliefs.