Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellington Style Work Boots

Default Wellington Style Work Boots

Watcha got? Why? Comfortable? Weight? Need a general purpose boot but it won't be everyday wear, thats what flops and crocs are for.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

x2 on the Red Wings. Have had mine for 7-8 years now. Used to be that if you took them by the R.W. store where you bought them, they would oil and clean them for free. Don't know if they still do that or not. Excellent boots!

Danner is the only brand of boots made that Im aware of. I've got a pair of Sharptails with the zipper in the back that Ive been trying to wear out for 6 months so I can take the new ones I bought out of the box and Ive yet to succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I have Double H, Twisted X, and Georgia work boots.

Twisted X are the most comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

I just got a pair of Browning pull-ons that zip in the back and they are the cat's ass. Look like upland upland boots. Lightweight and waterproof. Around $150
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I have these Rockies on my feet rat now and they are like walkin on bewbees. Waterproof and 200g Thinsulate.

I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Justin

http://www.justinboots.com/boots/non...roduct_id=4794

I've been through ten brands, I wear them every day to work (construction) and these in my opinion are the best.

Feller at the boot sto said Redwing and Jawja were made by Rocky but he didn't have a big C-lection of work boot Wellingtons.

Simple, das a good lookin boot, where'd you get them skippy's.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ive got a pair of Danner Longhorn Wellington gore tex boots I got from Gradys 3 years ago. They are about worn out. Only pair of waterproof boots I have owned, that actually never leaked one drop of water.

X3 on the red wings. i've had an old pair for about 5 years that are still going strong, although i don't wear them every day.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Blundstone - I've had mine for going on 8 years now and I finally have to replace the sole or get a new pair. I wear them everywhere.

Salty, they came from Harrison's Workwear up here - as did my last several pair of boots.

That being said, I loooooooove me some Danners.

EDIT: dfasano, get that diploma up on the wall. You gonna make these chickens think they hand those things out like candy.
    Last edited by Simple Man; 01-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Salty, they came from Harrison's Workwear up here - as did my last several pair of boots.

That being said, I loooooooove me some Danners.

EDIT: dfasano, get that diploma up on the wall. You gonna make these chickens think they hand those things out like candy.
    They were supposed to be framed going on 3 years now. Santa finally took care of it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I just got a pair of Browning pull-ons that zip in the back and they are the cat's ass. Look like upland upland boots. Lightweight and waterproof. Around $150
    Think I just got the same boots. Agree they are as comfortable out the box as anything I've ever put on.

http://www.rccwesternstores.com/Brow...DMNKIB/Product

Last edited by duckduckdog; 01-06-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Think I just got the same boots. Agree they are as comfortable out the box as anything I've ever put on.

Good looking boots too.

Wonder where I can find them in the MB area? I hate ordering footwear mail order if I haven't tried them on.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 01-06-2011 at 11:24 AM.

try Schofield's ACE Hardware in Florence
    James 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Good looking boots too.

Wonder where I can find them in the MB area? I hate ordering footwear mail order if I haven't tried them on.
    My wife said she could find them anywhere local when she bought them, but she bought a pair for me and a pair for her dad for Christmas, both in our regular size and they fit perfect for both of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

These are the pull on boots I wear...

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots...dmbzephyr.html
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post

Das dem! I actually go them from Schofields in Florence for $180 and found them on the www the next day in the $140 range. Bastards! I think I'll buy a reserve pair since companies stop making things I love.

I've had 2 pair of those Rockys like you have Simple and they were good, but heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!