Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $176 License

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    What? Are you saying that the "Big Money Filson Politicos" are apt to strain the resource? That's just not true from what I've seen. It's the dumb rednecks who adhere to the "brown is down" theory who have far too long been traveling on the "free rider" train...

Using the term "Big Money Filson Politico" makes you sound like a damn liberal. Since when is it wrong to have money? If you don't like the fact that big property owners have better hunting than you do, then provide a service/invent a product/produce a good that makes you some real money. But don't bitch and moan when a POLITICIAN actually adheres to a true limited government viewpoint. Geebus, I thought you boys were conservatives...
    Shut the fuck up corn bread.

My post referred to the way the GA and the GOB politics influence wildlife mgmt in this state. I could give two shits about what someone else does on their land with their money.

But your retarted ass is too fucked up to pick up on that.

Now ease on back and find you another target before I cyber slap the shit out of you.

Damn aliases around here are hard to keep up with.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-23-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Shut the fuck up corn bread.

My post referred to the way the GA and the GOB politics influence wildlife mgmt in this state. I could give two shits about what someone else does on their land with their money.

But your retarted ass is too fucked up to pick up on that.

Now ease on back and find you another target before I cyber slap the shit out of you.

Damn aliases around here are hard to keep up with.
    Internet badass alert...

So, Internet badass, your point is a broad one that has nothing to do with this thread? B/c I'm not aware of any "big, bad property owners" who give two shits about limiting the number of bucks that can be killed. The fee is a separate subject...

Glenn, it's a waste of time.....What's the old saying about teaching a pig to dance?
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Smart move on your part, Skrimp. If I were you, I'd throw in the towel too.

Internet badass alert...

So, Internet badass, your point is a broad one that has nothing to do with this thread? B/c I'm not aware of any "big, bad property owners" who give two shits about limiting the number of bucks that can be killed. The fee is a separate subject...
    Go gargle a grenade.

But while you're looking for one go back and read the part about biologist not making wildlife management calls in this state. The GA does. Property owners can do as they wish within the law.

Now see if you can get your fat toe up to your mouth and pull that pin out.

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    Glenn, it's a waste of time.....What's the old saying about teaching a pig to dance?
    Waste of time? Hell this is the fun part. I have 30 more minutes of work to kill and this cat just spiced this thread back up.

Don't tap out now. Lets dance.

Smart move on your part, Skrimp. If I were you, I'd throw in the towel too.
    Call it throwing in the towel if you want too but I call it arguing with an idiot. It just isn't worth it. Have a good day.
    Last edited by skrimp; 12-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Molon Labe

Good luck Glenn, not that you will need it. What you will need is persistance though, kind of like dealing with a new puppy that misses his mommy and won't quit yapping.
    Molon Labe

The last time changes were made to the UCC, changes passed with no argument, no backdoor meetings.

If a breath of change is mentioned about changes to game laws, people are up in arms.

It is no secret, the aristocracy of the GA use their position to do what they want to get political favors or pursue their own ends.

I don't really give a shit about dnr. I want what I as a taxpayer have paid for to operate as best it can.

If it comes to down to pay to play in order to be right, then it is ok with me. You can make it fair and have it so all the agencies begging for money, have their users go to a pay to play also. Smells a lot like privatization to me....but we couldn't have that now could we? You boys wouldn't be able to curry the favors you want that way could you?

Anything else is grand standing to show your buddies you tow the party line.

X2 on the fair tax.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

What worries me about to many fees, which I don't mind paying if it is used without shorting the DNR in other revenue, is that it could turn some away from hunting. As posted before, the fewer we have hunting, the smaller the voice we have in the GA. I'm not sure if that matters but it does worry me.
    I don't know what the answer is but I think it is good to try to find a middle ground.
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Go gargle a grenade.

But while you're looking for one go back and read the part about biologist not making wildlife management calls in this state. The GA does. Property owners can do as they wish within the law.

Now see if you can get your fat toe up to your mouth and pull that pin out.
    So now it's all about "what's best for the herd"? Let the biologists rule the roost? Fuck off. You're as bad as Obama and the rest of the hand-me-outs. Go piss up your liberal rope....

No shit, who in their right mind would be in favor of that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    No shit, who in their right mind would be in favor of that shit
    So, the biologists are third party neutrals? Get wise, son. This is all about politics. And y'all are coming down hard on the side of food-stamp loving demolibs... Hell, that fool Glenn sounds like a true mouth-breathin' redneck. No wonder he has such enmity for us college-educated folks...

Oh no, I've seen the light....biologists are bourgeois devils and Glenn hates college edumacated folks.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I have skip read most of these posts. I saw 2 smart things said, one was "Fee = Tax", the other was, "Don't feed the beast".

Not speaking to any of the other BS going on in this thread, only the fee increases. To me the bottom line on that whole subject is that the money will not go solely to DNR.

Therefore, as a conservative I can't agree in any way with any type of extra fee increase. It would simply be a tax increase no matter what color you tried to paint it. The state would use it as extra money they could play with and it would probably end up going to one useless entitlement program or the other.

Also, once the GA saw that they had a world of extra money sitting out there, and a precedent had been set by the first increase or new fee, we'd see fee increases and new fees created on a regular basis.

If every ¢ of the fee increase would be guaranteed, by written law, to go to DNR then my opinion might be different. But as it stands, to ask for these new fees or fee increases is to be a dyed in the wool liberal begging the state to create and increase taxes. If I did that I'd have to start hanging out at the Huffington Post or Move-on-dot-org.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Duck Tape is dead on.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Sounds like a bunch of little children on here. I swear sometimes i wonder why i even get on this site anymore.
    Look as stated before fee= tax. If you want to pay it figure up what it would be and send DNR a check. For the rest of us, not all of us can afford it and if we can afford it, could see our money better put somewhere else. Also as stated before there are alot of young people out there that can not afford the fee increase. When I was young daddy could not afford to buy me all the new hunting toys and licenses. I had to buy those things and had it cost what they are proposing I would of had to go rouge. I know a lot of young guys who are in that situation. Yes I would love to see some limits but not if they come with a fee increase.
    Duck Tape is doing what i sent him there for and that is stopping the beast. Sometimes feelings have to get hurt. Do I hate the fact that DNR is hurting in this, Yes I do. Is it necessary right now Yes it is. I am a teacher and we are hurting in this as well but it must be done. We have to shrink government, all of it, not all but your pet project. Think about this as the greater good. Smaller government is the greater good, period.

And Tater you sound like a third grader. And trust me I know.

Hunters were asked and most agree with a user fee increase. The SCDNR staff (biologist) and SCDNR Board supports the user fee increase. I'm glad to know we have people smart than us in the GA to tell us what we really need.