Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rest of the Alaska pics

I was thinking more for Glenn, what since they have the predator connection and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Beautiful pics, RK. You're a lucky man to be able to take that trip, and more than once! It's got to be wonderful to share it all with your family.

Unbelievable pictures! What a remarkable part of the country!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

awesome pics

thanks for sharing. great shots!

Those are great! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing RK. Looks like a little slice of Heaven. I want to go Bad!

Great pictures man.

Damn i bet yall killed some ducks there

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Curiousity has got me because this is not the first time I have seen this. From your series of pictures I assume the breasts were plucked, then cut out and prepared for kabobs. Why do people take the time and make the mess of plucking just to breast a bird. Maybe I am missing something?
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

It's just a personal thing. I like to do it in order to reduce the numbers of feathers that end up on the meat. It definitely not necessary as I've cleaned plenty of birds that wound up at the taxidermist.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Ring King... Do you know anything about this area in Alaska? Looks like a prettygood deal.

http://www.landsofamerica.com/americ...&inv_id=577380
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Not sure about Healy specifically, but lots of places up on the parks highway aren't accessible by wheeled vehicle year round. You're talking about interior Alaska and they don't plow snow up there regularly. Lots of people still live up there but it's a different lifestyle for sure. Bush planes bring in supplies and even Sportsman's Warehouse up there in Anchorage will ship goods out by bush plane for a small fee. Lots of snow mobiling and dog mushing to get around in the winter. Sounds like absolute heaven to me if it were near the salt somewhere!!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Thanks good to know, it did look good.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Awesome pictures RK ........... I don't blame you one bit for wanting to move back up there.

Great stuff, Matt. The one of you, the wife, and the little one asleep in the pack is priceless!

Good Stuff!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/