Thread: Garmin to Google Earth?

Default Garmin to Google Earth?

Is there any way to download tracks AND waypoints from a Garmin handheld to overlay them on a GoogleEarth screen? I can do the tracks with GarminConnect but it won't do waypoints.

Can you get the waypoints in a file on your computer?

yes. i use expert gps software from www.expertgps.com. once you download the info from your gps into expert gps, you can open it in google.

I can see the stored data of the unit (Oregon 400) but I don't know which is the waypoint file. What file extension should I be looking for?

D's,

ExpertGPS is just what I was looking for. Now I need to try to import/export the waypoints to GoogleEarth. Thanks for the tip.

i've been using that program since about 2003. it was 15.00 then. glad i got it when i did.

glad it worked for you!

Not sure if it will work with Google earth but I use the Minnesota DNR's Garmin/GIS transormer for free.....

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mis/gis/t...DNRGarmin.html

And you can use the Arc Exporer, with better functionality than google earth for free as well...

http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/.../download.html

Well now....since I have ArcMap 9.2 on my computer here at home this is gonna be mighty handy. Good work CG

AND here's the kicker...if you have trouble with it working you can give them a call and they will try and help you out. They are real friendly folks.

Tater, wish I could take credit for the find but someone showed me so I was just passing it along.