Thread: Primaries tonight

Default Primaries tonight

Is the TEA Party giving the GOP an internal run???

What will happen to the Demos??
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

good question, rp. i hate to say it, but the repubs are going to be divided and the Tea Party winners (o'donnell and paladino) in the primaries might end up HELPING the dems come november. the tea party is far enough to the RIGHT to worry more liberal republicans. I hate to worry with it because the general public is so fricking stupid that they cant see the big picture. i absolutely refuse to get worked up over it, but i sure hope the (R)s win more than the (D)s.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The repubs need to listen the the advice of the tea parties and endorse conservative candidates, not simply the legacy RINO ones with tenure and stored up political capital.

maybe...but what about your "average" 50-something republican whose ideals dont fall in line with the far right of the tea party? those swing voters might prefer the democratic candidate.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think of the Republicans as far right. The Tea Party's stance is simply one of less government, less taxes, and conservative leaders with integrity. The Republicans have alienated themselves from many middle roaders with their inflexible stance on things like abortion rights, gay marriage, and Christian symbols in government buildings.

i like less government, less taxes, and leaders with integrity. who the hell wouldnt? of course, other than those that benefit from MORE government and my tax money.

that being said, I oppose gay marriage in my church. if you want a little piece of paper from the town you live in that says you're gay and want to pay taxes at a different level or whatthefuckever, move to one of those towns.

I don't think the government has ANY business getting involve with the subject of marriage. The reason we have the controversy with gay marriage is because the government stuck its nose where it shouldn't have. Tax breaks and legal prescriptions for property settlements for married couples opened the door to gays to protest unfair treatment. If the government stayed out of it, the gays would only have the churches to argue with. Churches don't promise fair treatment to people with deviant behaviors.

A marriage should be considered a spiritual thing and not a legal contract. The legal issues can be dealt with separately with no connection to the institution of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i like less government, less taxes, and leaders with integrity. who the hell wouldnt? of course, other than those that benefit from MORE government and my tax money.

that being said, I oppose gay marriage in my church. if you want a little piece of paper from the town you live in that says you're gay and want to pay taxes at a different level or whatthefuckever, move to one of those towns.

Well said toof. That sums it up perfectly.

I am trying to understand this. A woman in Delaware paid her fees and such to run in the Rupublican party up there. She won. Beat a long time Republican. And now the GOP is not going to support her?? What am I missing? She ran in the Republican primary.

Talk about taking your toys and going home.......
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

they will support her, but she will not win. the incumbent she beat has more name recognition and would've been a better candidate for the GOP in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think of the Republicans as far right. The Tea Party's stance is simply one of less government, less taxes, and conservative leaders with integrity. The Republicans have alienated themselves from many middle roaders with their inflexible stance on things like abortion rights, gay marriage, and Christian symbols in government buildings.

The problem is that the Tea Party has been highjacked by the holy rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    good question, rp. i hate to say it, but the repubs are going to be divided and the Tea Party winners (o'donnell and paladino) in the primaries might end up HELPING the dems come november. the tea party is far enough to the RIGHT to worry more liberal republicans. I hate to worry with it because the general public is so fricking stupid that they cant see the big picture. i absolutely refuse to get worked up over it, but i sure hope the (R)s win more than the (D)s.
    Spot on. I've been arguing this point for weeks now. As much as I like the Tea Party message, they have been portrayed by the media as a bunch of ultra right-wing racist nut jobs. That alone will keep a lot of people, including the more moderate republicans and swing voters, for voting for these candidates. This is unfortunate because the republicans have a real shot at taking back the house and senate this fall, but it's going to come down to the wire. A couple of these tea party candidates not getting elected (where the party establishment candidate would have been elected) may make all the difference and have horrible consequences.

Lets see if we end up with a 3 party system where labels will REALLY apply. Tea Party will REALLY be ultra conservative, Democrats will really be liberals, and Republicans will consist of moderates (majority of Americans)

I don't think the government has ANY business getting involve with the subject of marriage. ...... If the government stayed out of it, the gays would only have the churches to argue with.
    That's not all together true. The Government marries people. Although most prefer a church marriage (ceremony) the government has been involved ever since the Probate Court (in SC) began to issues marriage licenses/certificates.

That's just the thing, the liberal media has been working (successfully) to falsely label the Tea Party as the extremists when the Republican party is actually farther off center. The Tea Party is like the NRA in that they stick to only a few core issues and try not to get dragged into the bushes with lightning rod, no-compromise issues like abortion and church in schools. The Tea Party is only concerned with keeping the government (actually forcing them back) within its Constitutional boundaries, lowering taxes, and reducing the size of government. The Republicans are the ones with the litmus tests for abortion, gay rights, Christian symbols in government buildings. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    That's not all together true. The Government marries people. Although most prefer a church marriage (ceremony) the government has been involved ever since the Probate Court (in SC) began to issues marriage licenses/certificates.
    And that's where the problem began. That is exactly my point. We never should have let the government get involved in spiritual matters like marriage.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The TEA Party will change the Republican Party and bring it back to where it's supposed to be. That kills people like Karl Rove who's incumbent buddies are going to get their moderate butts kicked out.

Right now the Rep Party is doing the same thing the Dems are doing, they're just doing it slower. Only a few Rep are still true Republicans, one of those thank God is Jim DeMint. What we need and should have had long ago is term limits, that way we wouldn't have either party so deeply ingrained in DC.

The TEA Party is a true grassroots movement. Everything in this country that has been done that came to a good end started with a grassroots movement made up of hard working, God fearing, everyday Americans. Even as far back as the Revolutionary War, good changes have come from grassroots movement. The TEA Party is just that, a bunch of hard working people who are determined to take their country back. They are black, white, yellow and red people of America. Democrats, Constitutionalists, Republicans, Independents and some have no party affiliations. And because of that the TEA Party won't get high-jacked by the Holy Rollers or anyone else.

And if by Holy Rollers you mean people who believe in God and pray to a Higher Power, then I'm a Holy Roller. As are the Lutherans, Methodists, Bead Squeezers, etc.

Personally I don't give a crap about the Republican Party as it is today. I want people up there who believe in and will abide by the Constitution as it was written. Anything less and this country will eventually fail.

O'Donnell will win. She was 25 points down until Karl Rove went on his rant, she immediately went to 16 (11 by some polls) points afterward. That tells you what the independent think of Karl Rove and the Old Guard Republican Party (RHINOs)

Karl Rove is an idiot. Like Rush Limbaugh said when he called him out.

"You never ask these questions about Democrats," Rush said, "Karl has admitted that one of his mistakes was not defending Bush against all of these insane, stupid, slanderous, libelous attacks against Bush for eight years," Limbaugh said. "But I've never heard ... Karl so animated against a Democrat as he was against Christine O'Donnell last night."

"Yesterday she was down 25, today she is down 16. In some polls, she is only down 11," Limbaugh said.
    Karl Rove is upset because he sees his power leaking away. He's been the 'Head Dog' and Spokesman for the Republican Party for years, but now a new and improved Republican Party is gaining ground fast. The more powerful it becomes the less important a RHINO like Karl Rove becomes. He can take his Compassionate Conservatism, which is a euphemism for moderate-to-liberal, and stick it where the sun don't shine.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I don't think the government has ANY business getting involve with the subject of marriage. The reason we have the controversy with gay marriage is because the government stuck its nose where it shouldn't have. Tax breaks and legal prescriptions for property settlements for married couples opened the door to gays to protest unfair treatment. If the government stayed out of it, the gays would only have the churches to argue with. Churches don't promise fair treatment to people with deviant behaviors.

A marriage should be considered a spiritual thing and not a legal contract. The legal issues can be dealt with separately with no connection to the institution of marriage.
    x2.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.