Thread: Penrose Hot Sausage

Default Penrose Hot Sausage

I think it could be an act of terrorism by some yankee-liberal splinter terrorist cell some where or the local grocery stores cant get them anymore.......I love those things, Ive lived off of them...somebody know where I can get some between Irmo and The Berry Patch?

Nope and they you cant find um in spartanburg either..

i swear i think I saw em at sams in the big jar.

googled it and dang the things that came up. lots about a plant in NC blowing up and even some things about discontinuing the hot ones. other link option would be to go straight to conagra foods web site. i noticed one line that said you can order thru schwan's. FYI.

http://www.blurtit.com/q7380396.html
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Its because those things cause ass cancer. Seen many a hunter and fisherman succomb to the instant early morning anal flame thrower those things cause. Been a victim myself on occassion. Ever farted in a pair of waders after eating those things or a Tiajuana Mama, smell doesn't get out until after you peel em down, by that time you've forgotten about it and its fermented along with the coffee and other leavings. No one is immune to the noxious cloud of ass funk left after the release. It sticks to anyone and everything in the immediate vicinity, you can't get away. Hell, I had to trash a pair of waders that got poisoned by the Penrose Perfume.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

the con-agra plant in n.c. blew up from a gas line and they closed it down. it's permanently closed. thats where they made the sausages. I doubt you ever find anyone who has any left for sale. Their other plants out west might start making them, but I've heard no mention of them retooling to make them.

Tha hell is next?

No more moonpies?

Thank God they are still putting out Slim Jims or my kid would climb a tower with my AR.

Ohhh - this is bad, This is real bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Are tha pickled eggs kaput too?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Love those things

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Are tha pickled eggs kaput too?
    Let's solve one problem at time - right now, we are in the midst of a hot sausage emergency. While Glenn and Lab may be used to this sort of thing, most of us are in shock right now and need to sort this thing through, one problem at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

"hot sausage emergency"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well, you still have the Tiajuana Mama and that other dog dick colored early morning suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by polecat View Post
    the con-agra plant in n.c. blew up from a gas line and they closed it down. it's permanently closed. thats where they made the sausages.

Dowhat?!
    Im not buying that gas line story.
    This was an act of terrorism.
    Break the morale of the southern man type stuff.

Grandaddy got me started on those things when I was a boy. I try to eat better these days. Given up most processed foods and such. Those and the Slim Jims will be some of the last things to go.......if they ever go. I don't eat them all the time, but damn if pullin one outta the blind bag aint clutch.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

This is as close as I’ve been to the old Penrose jars in years. I may order a few gallons.

9500C2A5-4C42-44B8-9BBB-05A5221A0F88.jpg

These are pretty damn good. I made several jars and they are damn close to the originals.

https://www.copymethat.com/r/WDtRRQ5...ausage-recipe/
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Every beer joint and country store used to have three jars on the counter by the checkout. Pickled egg, pickled pig feet, and Penrose sausage. Nasty stuff. I did work in the Garner plant for over 30 years, until the explosion. Conagra moved that production to other plants but it was not really the same product but close. Conagra still makes the same in the individual packs, as I see them around.