Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: renegade hunter act

ktown.....I want my property rights back. I want it to be against the law for somebody to drop their dogs off to run through my property. I want it so that if I catch the same group's dogs every weekend they have to get some fine, ticket, or something. I want the rouge dog hunters to pay for the problems they are causing me and my friends. It is illegal for me to hunt on their property, but seems like it is OK for them to hunt on mine. Ultimately, I want unwanted people or dogs on my property to have some type of penatly. Right now I am the only one paying a penalty. I think that is wrong.

SECTION 16-11-610. Entry on another's lands for various purposes without permission. [SC ST SEC 16-11-610]

Any person entering upon the lands of another for the purpose of hunting, fishing, trapping, netting; for gathering fruit, wild flowers, cultivated flowers, shrubbery, straw, turf, vegetables or herbs; or for cutting timber on such land, without the consent of the owner or manager, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall, for a first offense, be fined not more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days, for a second offense, be fined not less than one hundred dollars nor more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days and, for a third or subsequent offense, be fined not less than five hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months or both. A first or second offense prosecution resulting in a conviction shall be reported by the magistrate or city recorder hearing the case to the communications and records division of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division which shall keep a record of such conviction so that any law enforcement agency may inquire into whether or not a defendant has a prior record. Only those offenses which occurred within a period of ten years, including and immediately preceding the date of the last offense, shall constitute prior offenses within the meaning of this section.

Question for Trad....where in this law does it say that a person caught trespassing to hunt can't be prosecuted unless the landowner is enrolled in the property watch program? I would write a case on this all day long.
    Last edited by stonecoldkiller; 09-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.

tradorion Coots

only GW in the county alllll weekend- ZERO TIME- more info tomorrow on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Trad...I understand your point, but we have called the GW and things do not change. Am I suppose to bring a camera with me where ever I go to record this crap. That is a joke. YES, I have been threatened, matter of fact, had a dogger come onto my property and tell me he was going to shoot me. I was by myself on a tractor working, so I call local GW and nothing happen. Thanks a bunch! That really helps me. So, I now have a CWP. Also, I will be happy to defend any of my actions to anyone. I feel 7 years is enough of me giving in and shows I have been willing to deal fairly, but they have not budged an inch. They keep tresspassing. So, what do I do now??

FYI, you do not need a CWP to carry a pistol on your own property.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I have never encountered a true "houndsman" who comes right out and threatens the safety of another individual. I have had deer dogs and still run coon dogs and it is the land owner that comes out wanting to be the " badass " most of the time. A true houndsman just wants to get his dog back and be on his way because he is in the woods for the same reason you are in the woods. Yes there are " rogue" hunters with dogs but they are outnumbered by honest men wanting to participate in a tradition that is older than all of us. Most clubs with the catch pens mentioned do work well for both parties. I have hunted in alot of different clubs and on leased land and it always seems to be the man who knowingly moved next to a dog club that wants to complain the most. You know it is there so stay the hell away.

Quote Originally Posted by quack stacker View Post
    I have hunted in alot of different clubs and on leased land and it always seems to be the man who knowingly moved next to a dog club that wants to complain the most. You know it is there so stay the hell away.
    What do they have to complain about if dogs don't get on their property?

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

dogs can't read dumbass. They will follow the prey that they are chasing. If they happen to cross onto your tract of land odds are they won't be there long enough to due any harm to your hunt.

dogs can't read dumbass. They will follow the prey that they are chasing. If they happen to cross onto your tract of land odds are they won't be there long enough to due any harm to your hunt.
    I'm sorry.

I missed something somewhere.

My question was "What do they have to complain about if dog's don't get on their property".

I never questioned the literacy of canines, their prey drive, nor the statistical probability of disturbing one's hunt.

You're awful damn quick to throw out a "dumbass" to a straight forward question instead of answering.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

the major complaint is that the dogs get on the property of someone who doesn't want them on the property. I am quick to judge and do apologize for that. I deal with a land owner with 5 acres right next to the 2000 acres that I coon hunt, and at least twice a year we have a confrontation due to the coondogs come onto his property. He is always wanting to beat someone's ass, shoot the dogs or call the law. I didn't turn them loose on his property or cast them in that direction but they end up there. Is it alright to shoot them? Or can we be adults let me get my dog, get out and be out of each other's hair in 5 minutes instead of the 3 hrs. it takes to show his ass?

Fence in your property that abuts his 2 acres. How much will that cost you? Probably less than the troubles that you are both giving each other.

?

So I'm on my 2000 ac right beside your 2000 ac. I'm still hunting , you are dog hunting. Your dogs run through my property chashing deer and you think it doesn't mess up your hunt.
    Last edited by Birdfinder; 09-22-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Plant it they will come.

I just don't understand for the life of me some of ya'lls thinking. How can you try to justify a wrong, and at the same time kill a sport? I went back and read this thread again, and it seems to me a couple of you are trying to do it. What don't you understand about property rights?

Why would you want to kindle that fire, and give any sort of hunting a bad name?

By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, [SCDucks] keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community
    -Oscar Wilde

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I just don't understand for the life of me some of ya'lls thinking. How can you try to justify a wrong, and at the same time kill a sport? I went back and read this thread again, and it seems to me a couple of you are trying to do it. What don't you understand about property rights?
    you just can't fix stupid Highstrung.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    OK, so nothing has changed. The law is complete BS, and does not offer the land ower any protection from rouge dogs. Again our tax dollars at work, new laws that accomplish NOTHING.

Think about who proposed this bill.

If you think he would do anything to outlaw dog hunting you're crazy. He wants to get re-elected and isn't going to cut his own throat.

Y'all are fucking up my movie. I hate you all.

Sir Spud, yous the one who brought it back up TTT.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton