Thread: 100 million $'s is....

Default 100 million $'s is....

what it may cost Santee Cooper to save the Atlantic Short Nosed Sturgeon. What will it take to keep the whole water system from turning into a non-fishing system?

Santee Cooper is more interested in saving one small power plant from weeds that it is in stimulaing the striped bass population and thus the life and entities that are around the lake because of those fish.

WHo do y'all know that now goes to Marion for striped bass?? Catfish have replaced the striped bass and the largemouth that people go for. Ever since those grasscarps have been released, all other fishing has hit bottom.

Maybe, just maybe, Santee Copper will realize that their responsibilities are more than just power production.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Haha, what kind of rocks have you been turning over?
    I ponder alot over the Santee Cooper lakes and what the future holds for them.

I find myself in shock at how we, the people of this area have sat back and watched our playground just go to hell.
    Over the last year, I really have gained so much knowledge about the lakes on how and why they have changed.
    I now have better insight than ever.
    I truly believe we can, if allowed by S-C can turn things around for the hunting and fishing community.
    I understand the need to control hydrilla, more so, than I did a year ago.
    I also understand more about native aquatic vegetation than I ever thought I would. I still hate a damn grass carp.
    But, things are looking up.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

BOG, please enlighten us with your infinite wisdom how "things are looking up".

Take look for yourself hotshot.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Answere the question, or tell me where to "take look". If you think the lakes will see a rebound through efforts of S C you are in for a big let down.

Bog, went where you are in the early 90's when they started this shit. I have lived in Moncks Corner for 41 yrs and know nearly everyone at SC involved with the lakes. I hate to say it, but IT'S A WASTE OF YOUR TIME! They have a mindset and it's been passed down to the next guy over time and they will tell you WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. heard it all! Walked out of many meetings feeling positive about thing only to see them do what they want to do. BTW don't forget SCDNR, they have ALOT of sayso also. Good luck and have fun. TD

TD, I'm about to PM you.
    Check your box in 5.

I believe S-C only makes like 2% of their power from those stations on the lakes anyways. I'm still wondering why they even keep 'em running, with nuclear power and all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 08-26-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: paranoia

There's tons more grass this year on the lake. The divers and widgons should be good for a change.

there is a good bit. but the majority of it is useless to ducks. the crested floating heart is really spreading.

hutch,
    you should be receiving a private message shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    there is a good bit. but the majority of it is useless to ducks. the crested floating heart is really spreading.
    shhh
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 08-26-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Exactly what was your response to the online poll about the aquatic weed managment plan that Santee Cooper was proposin for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Santee Copper will realize that their responsibilities are more than just power production.
    there is one thing that santee cooper has in mind and that is power. they do not give a shit about anything else and they have said that.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog