Bible Study Verse:

Jude 1:24

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy. (NASB)

Thoughts:

On one of my recent treks into the Grand Canyon I hit a wind tunnel that just about knocked me over the edge. Getting off balance and going into a stumbling fall is not fun anywhere, especially at that narrow precipice where the wind just came out of nowhere.

What kept me from
falling to my death that day when the wind was more
power full than my human strength? God's amazing
grace! The same grace that we will glory in when we
see Jesus face-to-face.

The face of Jesus is described in Revelation 1:16c, "His face was like the sun shining in its strength." No one can look directly at the sun for more than a few seconds on a clear day and not go blind. How close can a human get to seeing the face of Christ in His glory and not die? (Tom H)

Action Point:

Follow Peter 1:13 . . .

"Therefore, gird your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ," (NASB).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

I always thought it was odd to use what looked like ski poles for hiking. But now whenever I do the Grand Canyon or any really steep hike I use those hiking poles. They save your knees big time going downhill. They also have kept me from falling several times when my foot caught a rock or root. I found mine at Walmart for a very reasonable price.