Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNR Plane

Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    Once they start to arrest folks for being dumb asses this site will loose half of its members.

What gets me is some of yall complain when there is no law enforcers around when some one pisses you off but if no one is pissing you off and you see them, well they are waisting tax dollars.......For the most part they are doing their job by keeping us safe or being there so they can be first responders to an accident.
    well said KCM.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    What's this plane look like? I was just down to the water and saw what looked like a stunt plane flying over the 2 marina's in Ballentine cove. Looked like a stunt plane showing off tho' rather than DNR. Appeared to be a heck of a pilot too.
    The one I saw yesterday was white and had SC under one wing and DNR under the other.....Looked brand new

tradorion Coots

it's been a number of years since DNR got a new plane and then it was more insurance than tax money that got it after the old one was totaled in a non-pilot error incident.

as for all the boats- and officers plain and simple... the more the merrier this time of year keeping things as safe as can be done.

are we going to catch them all- nope.... but we will indeed make an effort.

I was on Keowee all day yesterday, and just walked in from a long day on Greenwood. Great DNR presence at both places. Given all the accidents and deaths on the water lately, I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    That's the RCSD Underwater Recovery Team (Dive Team) boat. It's a Harbor Guard, with two 5.7 liter V-8's pushing two water jet drives. Tops out around 42 mph. Kevlar hull.

Seems like a lot of boat just to pick up corpses? I've seen a few "floaters" in my time and I've never seen one get up and plane off, less doing 42 mph.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

saw it today and yesterday. they were out in full force

today the plane flew all day over sandy beach about a hundred feet over the trees, and yes its a white plane with sc on one wing and dnr on the other

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    all i see is tax money

Yeah waisting it on crap like boats is crazy when we still have a half million Mexican that need well fare checks !
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    Seems like a lot of boat just to pick up corpses? I've seen a few "floaters" in my time and I've never seen one get up and plane off, less doing 42 mph.
    True, we don't have to chase many corpses. But the boat is also used for patrol and fire fighting. Note the fire cannon on the bow. Very effective not only for fighting fires on the water, but at lake-side houses. We can provide water to fire trucks from the lake.

The jet drives make is safer to operate, in theory, when there are divers below, if you have to change positions.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Keep up the good work guys. It's good to see you out there. It would be nice if the local LEO's would step up and do more but I understand the situation.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Bean,
    Plane looked white from where I was and the dude looked like he knew what he was doing!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Nice rig Rat. I test drove quite a few fire and rescue boats in my time at the dept. Hard to find a rig that can do it all well. That one may fit the bill though. What's the gpm on the deluge gun and pump if you happen to know?

I alway dreaded a fire call on the lake. It always amazed me how a person would build a million dollar house with nary of thought of how we would every get a pumper to the residence. A lot of tight driveways with hydrants no where to be found. So a boat to supply the fire rigs could come in quite handy if available.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 07-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    It would be nice if the local LEO's would step up and do more but I understand the situation.
    Thanks, Skrimp. DNR still does the bulk of the work, but we locals are happy to help out where we can. The DNR guys do an incredible amount of work considering how much they have been cut back.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Bean,
    Plane looked white from where I was and the dude looked like he knew what he was doing!
    I'd wager that was the DNR plane, and that it was Bucky at the helm....

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    What's the gpm on the deluge gun and pump if you happen to know?
    Lab, I THINK it's 2000 gpm. It uses one of the jet drives, redirected...

My girl and I went out for a boat ride Sunday. Got over by Spences Pt and started getting buzzed by the DNR plane. He must of buzzed us close to 8-10 times. After taking a dip we start out for a little ride and make it about a 100 yrds and here comes DNR with lights a glowin! We pull back to idle and wait for the fellas to pull along beside us. Come to find out there has been a "hit and run" involving a 21-23' cobalt. We where riding around in a 23' Sea Ray. I can hear the pilot talking on the radio with the guys in the boat and he asks if that is what a cobalt looked like and what we looked like? Apparently, the guy in the cobalt was bald and with a blonde. I take my hat off and show them a head full of hair. They apoligize for the harassing flyovers. I thanked them for what they where doing and trying to keep the lake safe! I can tell you that if this pilot is looking for you, chance are he will find you. At times, it looked like a stunt plane how he would bank that joker for another look!

Trad, did they ever find this guy?

I saw the same DNR plane on Lake Marion saturday. Also, glad to see them.

If that was BH flyin' it, he has the eyes of an eagle and cojones the size of pickle jars.

I eased over the state line once seining shrimp back before I had a drivers license.

That NC plane locked on us like a heat seeking missile...and damn the loudspeaker on it.

As nice as it is to have the state babysit dipshits on alcohol consumption days...it is nice to see some of them still working game laws.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i saw a plan on greenwood and a quarter million gamewardens

Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    Once they start to arrest folks for being dumb asses this site will loose half of its members.

What gets me is some of yall complain when there is no law enforcers around when some one pisses you off but if no one is pissing you off and you see them, well they are waisting tax dollars.......For the most part they are doing their job by keeping us safe or being there so they can be first responders to an accident.