Bible Study Verse:

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (NLT)

Thoughts:

I know that the old saying is true because I've been there. The two happiest days in a man's life are the day he buys his first boat and the day he sells it. I've heard that said about motorcycles, trucks, livestock, and other possessions. We think that our life will be complete and perfect if we can acquire such and such. Eventually and hopefully, we learn that there is more to life than stuff. Some of my favorite fishing memories is with a cane pole and a can of worms. You don't have to have a lot of expensive equipment to get the job done. (Marshall M)

Action Point:

Jesus taught his disciples to fish for men. He didn't have a training course or large facility for them to learn nor did he have them purchase expensive equipment. Jesus taught that we were to love one another and tell others about the love and forgiveness God has for all men. Really rather simple if you think about it. Love God with all your heart, love your neighbor as yourself, and share it with others.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

The further from the beaten path you venture, the more prepared you should be for a medical emergency. Always carry a first aid kit designed for the type of activity and adventure planned. Know how to use everything in the kit beforehand and inspect and refill the contents before each trip.