Thread: metal halide lights?

Default metal halide lights?

Anybody ever used them? I happened upon a couple this morning..

...this is my first post..been lurking awhile.

great for growing "tomatoes" but eat the shit outta electricity. and they get hot.

High pressure sodium lights fit the natural spectrum of light for "budding" vegetables mo betta.

I would think you couldn't get a big enough generator to run the parking lot lights on the boat....Most are 240V

yall both full-a-shit..... there are a lot of boats out there runnin Metal Halide lights..... 400watt are the most common size. they use less electricity than a standard 500 watt halogen work light....

however, they are not the best choice for bowfishing around here... they are a very white or blueish color light... almost like those annoying ass cars you see goin down the road that look like cop car lights from a distance..... they are a very natural color light, BUT they are best for clear water, and wont penetrate murky water as good as High Pressure Sodiums....

i run 4 400watt HPS on my boat and love them.... i can run all 4 on a 2000 watt honda generator if i had one..... they arent as good in super clear water as MH lights, but are far superior to MH when in the muddy water that we are usually in around here.....

so to answer your question, yea they work good for bowfishing, especially if they are free, however if you are buying, i would go with HPS lights....

They are 400 watt MH lights..Im running 3 sodium lights now off a 2000 honda, I was getting a mcgriddle tha other day..somebody hit a light pole and the guys let me take them..kept asking if was making a grow room...I figured I could add one to the set up.

what size HPS are you runnin now?

400's