Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

I need a little help. If you had a choice what would you buy if you were looking for a bass boat and a duck boat wrapped into one good boat. I do both. Most of my duck hunting is done on the big water in the upstate as well as my bass fishing.

just get a side console aluminum boat....a lot of great companies make a good one....g3, wareagle just to name a few.....several great brands.....what price range you looking at

Check out excelboats.net.We have what you're looking for. TD

Not bad looking boats. What do yall have in stock down there. I live in the upstate so its not like I can just run over there and take a look. It doesnt appear like we have a dealer near me.

Get you an Xpress center console. You can get an 18' with a 90hp on it that will handle big water and can also double for a bass rig. If you want to up the size to a 20' CC you can get it with a performance hull as well.

I've had my eye on the Triton 170 center console for a while now too. It's obviously 17' and rated for a 90hp. It has the performance hull as well and will not only haul ass, but will handle the chop a little better than a conventional jon boat. It's design is the same as my old Xpress Hyperlift hull. Sure wish they still made the Hyperlifts with a tiller handle set up!! I'd have me a new 17' with a 75 Optimax if they did!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Got 16, 17, and 18 footers in stock. The 1651 F4 boats have the Viper hull and are for outboards up to 50 HP( I sell Yamaha and Suzuki). The 17 and 18 footers are slick bottoms and made for Mud Buddy motors(Got those to). If I don't have it I can get it. Let me know if I can help. Thanks Kevin

where are you and what is the name of your business ?

LowCountry MudBuddy in Moncks Corner. Give me a cal 843-412-5537

Puckaduck, I know of a couple Excel's in the upstate(Rock Hill, York Areas). If you want to look them over and save a drive to monks Corner.
    Phillipians 4:13

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, so you will have to shop and see for yourself what best fits you and your desires. I have a G3 1860CC with a 90 Yamaha and it flat out hauls ass. Close to 45 loaded down. It has been to hell and back 3 times and never backed down from a challenge. Is it a little bigger than ideal for duck hunting? YES, but you only hunt a few months out of the year. I fish and gig year round. I also use it for shrimping and going out with the wife for a booze cruise. Great boat and extremely stable. I looked at a ton of boats in the jon boat class and went with this one. It just fit my categories of "wants" better than the rest. I wish I could put a 115 4-stroke on it though!

If you hunt mostly big water, a fiberglass boat might not be a bad idea. If you hunt more shallow areas or timber this could pose a problem. For both a fishing and hunting rig ill second ring king on xpress. There stable and sturdy. You could just do some shoppin and find an older bass boat and an older duck rig for the same price or less then a new combo rig. I have a bass boat and the jon boat rarely makes it out in the summer unless I'm on a river.