Thread: Yet Another Reel Question...

Default Yet Another Reel Question...

And ya know what really chaps my hide? When I got my "big" boat, I decided I'd sell all my "little" gear. I ditched a 4/0, 6/0, and three Newell/Jigmaster 500's. I went and got me some purdy gold International things...

But, now, if I'm gonna piddle with BSB and Triggers...well, doing that with a bunch of Internationals over the side would kinda suck.

Sometimes I think I'm a moron! I do have a 7500SS and an 8500SS. May have my wife pick me up another two 8500SS's while she's at the beach this weekend. I assume they'd be decent enough for the bottom.

Or, maybe Highstrung would let me borrow some stuff? Or, I could "borrow" my Jigmasters I sold. Or, maybe I could just buy them back from the guy. I may just do that.

Damn I'm an idiot.

Okay -- so, I guess the question is -- buy my Jigmasters back, bottom fish with 4 Penn spinning outfits, or just use the International 30's?

Hey man, For some reason I've never had it in me to sell shit. You can borrow anything you need.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-27-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Hey man, For some reason I've never had it in me to sell shit. You can borrow anything you need.
    LOL...

I may be heading down to Chucktown next weekend, for the weekend.

I may get some stuff from you. I talked to a guy down there today and he says the Cobia are not in, the Kings are nowhere to be found, and the water is too cold.

So, I think I may try the boat and try my hand at saltwater...

Should be an experiance, to say the least...

the 30's will work fine for bigger bottom fish. use the spinners for the triggers and bsb's

pick up a nice avet JX or accurrate with a big retrieve on it and you'll really love em!

Highstrung -- how many of those Senator combos are you sitting on? And, they are the 4/0's, right?

A few, I don't think there is a bottom fish you can catch right now that you'd need one for. Come by and get if you need them. There isn't any fish that I target biting right now(at least nearshore). If you need something for BSB any lighter tackle should work.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-28-2010 at 09:53 AM.

i'd rather stick a stick in my eye than bottom fish with 30's.

i'm beginning to believe you have a tendency to overthink things.
    ebay yourself some penn 155's and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.