Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Tide Question

I wouldnt say I know em inside and out but I have run in em since about 1990, but have never owned a 16'er.

I would go two stroke or optimax if it were me. There is nothing wrong with a yammerhammer, but I have always run mercs. Some folks love the evinrude etechs, great power with low weight...but I am on the fence about em due to their sensitivity.

I can tell you what I would do or what you should do...but the best thing you can do is ride in a 16' powered with each and answer the questions you have that way.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Call the manufacturer, too. They would have some good input.

I intend to do that myself soon.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

that motor is definately not too heavy for that boat...everyone on here is hollerin two stroke(which is still awesome) but i have a Yamaha 60 4 stroke and it pulls up the wakeboard but sluggish...a 90 would work great 4-stroke or 2 stroke... they say 2 stroke is faster but if you are worried about fuel consumption i would definately go with the 90 4stroke....i will give up a little speed and geterdone for a little better gph any day
    Last edited by TakeEm'; 03-03-2010 at 11:06 PM.

I have said this before on here, and it may just be the dealer I bought mine from, but he would not rig a 90 4-stroke on the 16 High Tide I bought a little over two years ago. It was either max hp with two stroke or 70 hp if I wanted a four stroke. I will never buy a boat with less than the max rated hp hanging on the transom. I'm not saying he is the end all be all of High Tides and their rigging, but there must be a reason for this policy. I can tell you this, with two batteries and two people in the back, you don't want any more weight back there.